Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 01:09 PM   #31
stangvette1
Banned

That's just it. The cobra has more power. The cobra runs 360-380 rwhp while the Z06 only runs around 355 rwhp.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:01 PM   #32
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by stangvette1
That's just it. The cobra has more power. The cobra runs 360-380 rwhp while the Z06 only runs around 355 rwhp.
What the hell are you talking about?

The Cobra weighs more and has less power. The ZO-6 is faster.

And why don't you explain how the ZO-6 has more powertrain loss.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:13 PM   #33
stangvette1
Banned

How do I get that the cobra is more powerful. That's easy. Ford said that the cobra had 390 horsepower. 390 is a very modest number. Ford made it a modest number because of the cobra horsepower incident a couple of years ago. The cobra is actually running around 420-230 hp, which is higher than the 405 in the vette Z06.:smoker2:
Old 06-01-2003, 04:21 PM   #34
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
How do I get that the cobra is more powerful. That's easy. Ford said that the cobra had 390 horsepower. 390 is a very modest number. Ford made it a modest number because of the cobra horsepower incident a couple of years ago. The cobra is actually running around 420-230 hp, which is higher than the 405 in the vette Z06.:smoker2:

even if you are right you do realise that power is not important...the car's performance it what it ultimatelly comes down too......some 18wheelers have something lile 700Hp and over 1000Tq....qnd they are not performance vehicles....while a 200Hp engine in a lotus elise its a performance monster

truth is te zo6 will outperform a cobra.....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 06-01-2003, 06:45 PM   #35
stangvette1
Banned

The truth is that a cobra can outperform a Z06 too. I like both these cars, but the Z06 will never just kick the crap of a cobra. The cobra is a very nice car and a far better deal than the Z06. Sometimes I feel that people look down on the cobra just because it is a cheap mustang. The truth is that this is not just another cheap mustang; this is an awesome sports car that can and will compete with cars triple its price! :flash:
Old 06-01-2003, 07:11 PM   #36
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:
The truth is that a cobra can outperform a Z06 too. I like both these cars, but the Z06 will never just kick the crap of a cobra. The cobra is a very nice car and a far better deal than the Z06. Sometimes I feel that people look down on the cobra just because it is a cheap mustang. The truth is that this is not just another cheap mustang; this is an awesome sports car that can and will compete with cars triple its price! :flash:

if you want some side by side comparions....take the june issue of motor trend...very well done

(\__/)
Old 06-01-2003, 10:00 PM   #37
stangvette1
Banned

I have looked at the June issue of MT, and all I can say is that those people need to learn how to drive. Most cobras do not run 13s in the quarter; they run mid 12s. Also in Motor Trend there is a road test section. In that section MT has the cobra going 12.8 in the quarter and the Z06 going at 12.9. I am not trying to make anybody mad!! I just think that the cobra is underrated!
Old 06-01-2003, 10:47 PM   #38
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
stangvette- you are deluded- just get over it

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 06-01-2003, 10:58 PM   #39
1BAD305
AF Regular

lol 12.9, a stock ls1 t/a or ss will do that. get ur #s straight. a stock ls1 puts out average #s of 320 at the wheels and the vettys are over 13mph faster at the track, u do the math.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:01 PM   #40
1BAD305
AF Regular

and remember, horsepower sells cars, torque wins races
Old 06-01-2003, 11:23 PM   #41
stangvette1
Banned

Quote:
and remember, horsepower sells cars, torque wins races
The cobra has 25-30 more net torque and horsepower to make up for the big weight disadvantage. I think that in a race it would come down to the driver. Again I say that I just think that it is possible for a Z06 to go down to a stock cobra. I didn't say that it would happen every dang time, just that about 40-50% of the time. Yes I think that MT's numbers are screwed up also, but I didn't mess up the #'s. I promise that I took them straight from MT's road test section. I believe that both cars will run low to mid 12s bone stock.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:25 PM   #42
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:
I have looked at the June issue of MT, and all I can say is that those people need to learn how to drive. Most cobras do not run 13s in the quarter; they run mid 12s. Also in Motor Trend there is a road test section. In that section MT has the cobra going 12.8 in the quarter and the Z06 going at 12.9. I am not trying to make anybody mad!! I just think that the cobra is underrated!
yes they need to lean how to drive lets forget that the driver for that test was Justin Bell the winner of GT2 class of 24H lemans in 98....yeah he must be an amateur....

and you know what is so good about that test....is that the cars were tested side by side...same temperature same altitude same everything.....

the cobra was second to last on most of those tests....and BTW even the evo was only 0.07 sec slower in the quarter...that is a few inches....from a car 5K cheaper...oh and btw the evo walked all over the cobra in braking handling etc....the Z06 was in another league altogheter

(\__/)
Old 06-02-2003, 07:24 AM   #43
SVTerminator
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Neutrino

yes they need to lean how to drive lets forget that the driver for that test was Justin Bell the winner of GT2 class of 24H lemans in 98....yeah he must be an amateur....

and you know what is so good about that test....is that the cars were tested side by side...same temperature same altitude same everything.....

the cobra was second to last on most of those tests....and BTW even the evo was only 0.07 sec slower in the quarter...that is a few inches....from a car 5K cheaper...oh and btw the evo walked all over the cobra in braking handling etc....the Z06 was in another league altogheter
Justin Bell is not a drag racer.

I would still take the Cobra. Its much less expensive yet can run with a Z06 and its the cheapest car to modify and make horse power. With a couple hundred bucks you can add over 100 rwhp.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:31 AM   #44
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
The cobra has 25-30 more net torque and horsepower to make up for the big weight disadvantage. I think that in a race it would come down to the driver. Again I say that I just think that it is possible for a Z06 to go down to a stock cobra. I didn't say that it would happen every dang time, just that about 40-50% of the time. Yes I think that MT's numbers are screwed up also, but I didn't mess up the #'s. I promise that I took them straight from MT's road test section. I believe that both cars will run low to mid 12s bone stock.
Where do you get this shit? Every fact you pull is just some crap with no proof and it is just random BS.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:51 AM   #45
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SVTerminator

Justin Bell is not a drag racer.

I would still take the Cobra. Its much less expensive yet can run with a Z06 and its the cheapest car to modify and make horse power. With a couple hundred bucks you can add over 100 rwhp.

ok so now we only care about drag racing???....ok fine lets igonore the accleration runs.....however in all the other categories the cobra had its a@# handed to it....and don't tell me now he is not a track driver either

and the modding debate has no ending....i'll just bring over here a hybridsol he spent only 4 K and his crx is running low 10 sec...how is that for cheap...you can make almost any car very fast given the money

(\__/)

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons