Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 02:28 PM   #196
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
Quote:
Originally posted by TheJDog
John, thanks for the help, I emailed you my VIN!
I haven't rcvd it yet so I emailed you.

John
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:36 PM   #197
TheJDog
AF Newbie

John,
I emailed you back

Thanks!!!
TheJDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 04:28 PM   #198
tomservo
AF Newbie

2000 Tahoe

I have read through this forum a couple of times now, and maybe I missed a similar problem....I have a 2000 Tahoe that i can't seem to get the keyless remote entry to work on. I've tried the "unlock door with key in off position, then on/off/on/off" deal, but once I do that the locks never cycle. Any ideas as to what the issue might be, or am using the wrong procedure?

Thanks
Patrick
tomservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 04:33 PM   #199
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: 2000 Tahoe

Quote:
Originally posted by tomservo
I have read through this forum a couple of times now, and maybe I missed a similar problem....I have a 2000 Tahoe that i can't seem to get the keyless remote entry to work on. I've tried the "unlock door with key in off position, then on/off/on/off" deal, but once I do that the locks never cycle. Any ideas as to what the issue might be, or am using the wrong procedure?

Thanks
Patrick
Post or email me your vin number, I will get you the right procedure.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:41 PM   #200
tomservo
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2000 Tahoe

Quote:
Originally posted by John

Post or email me your vin number, I will get you the right procedure.
You've got mail!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:54 PM   #201
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Is this the procedure you are using?

Transmitter Programming Base

If they key is in the ON position during the programming procedure, the horn chirp will be disabled, if the key is in the OFF position, the horn chirp will be enabled. The horn will chirp when the lock button is pressed two times.

When reprogramming the remote control door lock reciever, All transmitters must be programmed at this time in order for the transmitters to operate the vehicle. Transmitters not programed at this time will not work and the procedure will have to be redone with all the transmitters.

Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).
Repeat step 2 for up to four total transmitters to be programmed (if available). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Remove the ground applied to the DLC.
Lock and unlock the doors in order to verify the transmitter operation.
Activate the rear window release in order to verify the transmitter operation.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:33 PM   #202
tomservo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by John
Is this the procedure you are using?

snip

Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).
Nope, that's not what I've been doing. One (moer) dumb question, what/where is the DLC ? I read somewhere that it's under the dash by the steering column, is that right?

Thanks very much for all your help!
Patrick

Last edited by tomservo; 05-27-2003 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:51 PM   #203
Flatrater
Main GM Guy

Dude becareful you need to jumper 4 and 8 together if you get the wrong wires you could fry a puter so make sure you have 4 and 8. Your DLC conector is under the dash below the steering column. It's a little black connector with 16 holes in it some with wire terminals and some are empty. If you look real close you will find numbers on the connector either the ends or all cavities will be numbered.
Flatrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:01 PM   #204
tomservo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Flatrater
Dude becareful you need to jumper 4 and 8 together if you get the wrong wires you could fry a puter so make sure you have 4 and 8. Your DLC conector is under the dash below the steering column. It's a little black connector with 16 holes in it some with wire terminals and some are empty. If you look real close you will find numbers on the connector either the ends or all cavities will be numbered.
Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be careful!

What is the best way to jumper the two? Just a piece of wire?

Thanks again,
Patrick
Old 05-28-2003, 08:37 PM   #205
Flatrater
Main GM Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by tomservo

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be careful!

What is the best way to jumper the two? Just a piece of wire?

Thanks again,
Patrick
Paper clips work good!
Flatrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 05:25 AM   #206
tomservo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Flatrater

Paper clips work good!
I suspected as much!

I am really going to have to look for the numbers, I checked last night and couldn't see any! Are there any diagrams of this anywhere, like you have with the fuse panel by any chance?
Old 06-03-2003, 12:03 PM   #207
bakes454
AF Newbie

Is keyless entry installed?

Bought a used 2000 Chevy venture with power locks but no key fobs. Is there a way to determine if vehicle has keyless entry installed.

Thanks
bakes454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:24 PM   #208
tomservo
AF Newbie

Re: Is keyless entry installed?

Quote:
Originally posted by bakes454
Bought a used 2000 Chevy venture with power locks but no key fobs. Is there a way to determine if vehicle has keyless entry installed.

Thanks
Yes, there is a sticker inside your glove box with a whole bunch of letter number combos (usually only 2 or 3 characters long) if you see one that says AU0 (that's a zero), you have keyless remote entry...
Old 06-18-2003, 10:03 AM   #209
gavinx
AF Newbie

1998 Chevy Prizm Keyless Gizmo

Im new at this so please forgive any errors
I have a 1998 chevy prizm and just bought a new remote
noone else seems to have such a thing on the boards. Does anyone know what to do to program it?

Many thanks.

Sorry if this went to the wrong place

Gavinx
gavinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:51 AM   #210
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Transmitter Programming
Reprogramming the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver

Important
The vehicle comes equipped with two transmitters. The receiver can be programmed to accept up to four transmitters. Additional transmitters are available. If the number of transmitters programmed exceeds four, the previously programmed transmitters will be erased in order, starting with the first transmitter.

To program a transmitter, there are 3 modes within the remote control door lock receiver.

Add mode: This mode is used for adding new or additional transmitters.
Rewrite mode: This mode is used to erase all of the previously programmed transmitters and should be used when installing a new receiver.
Confirmation mode: This mode is for confirming how many existing transmitters are registered before adding any transmitters.
To begin programming, follow the procedure.

Set the following conditions:
Ignition off and ignition key out of cylinder.
All doors closed except drivers door.
All doors unlocked.
Insert the ignition key into the key cylinder momentarily and remove it.
Using the switch in the drivers door, move the switch to LOCK-UNLOCK 5 times at approximately 1 second intervals within 40 seconds.
Close the drivers door, then open it.
Again, move the switch to LOCK-UNLOCK 5 times at approximately 1 second intervals within 40 seconds.
Insert the ignition key into the key cylinder.
Turn the ignition switch from ON-LOCK at approximately 1 second intervals for 1-3 times according to the desired mode.
1 time for add mode
2 times for rewrite mode
3 times for confirmation mode
Remove the ignition key from the key cylinder.
If the add or rewite mode has been selected, the doors will lock-unlock once or twice at 1 second intervals, once for add mode or twice for rewrite mode.
If the confirmation mode is selected, the doors will lock-unlock 0-4 times at 2 second intervals to inform the technician of the number of transmitters programmed.
Press a transmitter button for 2 seconds. The doors will lock-unlock once at a 1 second interval to inform the technician that the signal has been received from the transmitter.
Close the drivers door, then open it.
Press a transmitter button for 2 seconds. The doors will lock-unlock once at a 1 second interval to inform the technician that the signal has been received from the transmitter.
If the doors lock-unlock once, the transmitter programming has been completed. Go to step 9 to continue programming for additional transmitters.
If the doors lock-unlock twice, the transmitter programming is not complete. Go to step 9 to begin the transmitter programming again.
If any of the following conditions occur during programming, the remote control door lock receiver will return to normal operation:

The drivers door remains closed.
20 seconds elapses with no input to the RKE module.
The ignition key is inserted into the key cylinder.
4 transmitters have been programmed at once.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion