Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 12:28 PM   #181
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
Re: keyless remote 2001 olds silhouette

Quote:
Originally posted by llneal
Just picked up the remotes and the dealer wants a fortune to program any help would be appreciated.
Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock transmitter (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse block. Refer to Electrical Center Identification Views in Wiring Systems.
Close all of the doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Turn the ignition to ACC. The body control module (BCM) will perform the following in order to identify the type of BCM installed in the vehicle:
Flash the seat belt indicator 2, 3, or 4 times.
Chime 2, 3, or 4 times.
Turn the ignition to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second. The BCM may begin to chime and flash diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). If the BCM has stored any DTCs, refer to Diagnostic System Check - Body Control System in Body Control System.
Open and then close any vehicle door. The BCM will chime in order to confirm that the programming mode has been entered.
Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for approximately 14 seconds.

Important
After approximately 3-5 seconds the BCM will chime once to confirm that the programming has been completed for that transmitter.

Repeat the previous step in order to program each additional transmitter.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Install the BCM PRGRM fuse into the fuse block.
Operate the functions of each transmitter in order to verify correct system operation.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 08:28 AM   #182
will4me
AF Newbie

2001 pontiac trans am WS6

I need help on how to program the keyless entry extra remote that I just bought.
Car = 2001 Pontiac Trans Am Conv WS6
Can anyone help?
Thanks
William
will4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 04:47 PM   #183
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: 2001 pontiac trans am WS6

Quote:
Originally posted by will4me
I need help on how to program the keyless entry extra remote that I just bought.
Car = 2001 Pontiac Trans Am Conv WS6
Can anyone help?
Thanks
William
Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the body control module (BCM) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Remove the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times within 5 seconds. The BCM will confirm entry into the programming mode by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The BCM will confirm the programming of that transmitter by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4transmitters.
Replace the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 641006
2001 Pontiac Firebird
Old 04-18-2003, 11:32 AM   #184
Petman
Banned

How about for a 99 GMC Suburban

How about for 99 GMC Suburban? Can I do this toolless? My current fob stopped working for some reason and I also want to buy anther one and program myself.

If not, what do I need and can I rent at a rental store like RentX? Do ya think my autoparts store would "loan" to me for a small fee.
Petman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 08:30 AM   #185
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: How about for a 99 GMC Suburban

Quote:
Originally posted by Petman
How about for 99 GMC Suburban? Can I do this toolless? My current fob stopped working for some reason and I also want to buy anther one and program myself.

If not, what do I need and can I rent at a rental store like RentX? Do ya think my autoparts store would "loan" to me for a small fee.

Transmitter Programming Base
If they key is in the ON position during the programming procedure, the horn chirp will be disabled, if the key is in the OFF position, the horn chirp will be enabled. The horn will chirp when the lock button is pressed two times.

When reprogramming the remote control door lock reciever, All transmitters must be programmed at this time in order for the transmitters to operate the vehicle. Transmitters not programed at this time will not work and the procedure will have to be redone with all the transmitters.

Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).
Repeat step 2 for up to four total transmitters to be programmed (if available). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Remove the ground applied to the DLC.
Lock and unlock the doors in order to verify the transmitter operation.
Activate the rear window release in order to verify the transmitter operation.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:33 AM   #186
Zephirus
AF Newbie

Pontiac Sunfire '02

I am trying to find a method of programming the keyless reciever to my two transmitters myself. does anyone know the procedure?

Thanks!
Zephirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:46 PM   #187
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: Pontiac Sunfire '02

Quote:
Originally posted by Zephirus
I am trying to find a method of programming the keyless reciever to my two transmitters myself. does anyone know the procedure?

Thanks!
Well unfortunately you need a scan tool to program this one.
Here is the procedure anyway.
Transmitter Programming

Important
Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.

Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
Select Body Control Module.
Select Special Functions.
Select Program Key Fobs.
If you are adding a transmitter to the system, or are replacing a transmitter, choose the Add/Replace Key Fobs option. This allows new transmitters to be added without deleting those currently programmed to the module. If you are replacing all transmitters or none of the transmitters are working, choose the Clear memory and Program All Fobs option. This prevents lost or stolen transmitters from being used to access the vehicle.
Follow the scan tool on-screen directions.
After programming the last transmitter, remove the scan tool.
Exit the vehicle. Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify the programming.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:47 AM   #188
alt.ego
AF Newbie

Question 2000 Bonneville

I'm looking for programming instructions for a 2000 Bonneville. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
alt
Old 04-28-2003, 11:48 AM   #189
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: 2000 Bonneville

Quote:
Originally posted by alt.ego
I'm looking for programming instructions for a 2000 Bonneville. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
alt

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters may be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number on the transmitters are for reference only: #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.

Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Use the scan tool Remote Function Actuation Special Function: Program Key Fobs in order to place the remote control door lock receiver into Program Mode. The doors will lock and then unlock in order to confirm program mode.

Important
The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.

Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock in order to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4 transmitters.
Remove the scan tool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 479346
2000 Pontiac Bonneville
Old 05-06-2003, 08:34 PM   #190
WestSide
AF Newbie

Remote Lock Feedback

I'm trying to disable this feature on a 2003 Silverado LS that does not have the DIC options on the steering wheel. I had an after market alarm installed and wish to disable this feature now.
WestSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:57 PM   #191
alt.ego
AF Newbie

Arrow 2000 Bonneville... Scan tool?

John,

Thanks for your reply post. Not being the gearhead I outta be, I have a question. The instructions say to use a 'scan tool'.
Quote:
Install a scan tool.
What is a scan tool, and how much of a pain is it to get one? (Cost, etc.)

Thanks,
-alt
Old 05-12-2003, 01:04 PM   #192
TheJDog
AF Newbie

Question 2000 Chevy Blazer S10

First of all, I must say, thanks for all the hard work answering all of the programming keyless entry questions!!!!!

Now, for my question

I just recently purchased a 2000 Chevy Blazer and the dealer gave me two remotes (which don't work), first I need to know if there is a simple way to tell if I have the keyless feature and second, what's the steps to program these things?

Thanks again, AWESOME board!!!

TheJDog
TheJDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:09 PM   #193
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: 2000 Chevy Blazer S10

Quote:
Originally posted by TheJDog
First of all, I must say, thanks for all the hard work answering all of the programming keyless entry questions!!!!!

Now, for my question

I just recently purchased a 2000 Chevy Blazer and the dealer gave me two remotes (which don't work), first I need to know if there is a simple way to tell if I have the keyless feature and second, what's the steps to program these things?

Thanks again, AWESOME board!!!

TheJDog
Thanks, and welcome to AF

Just post or email me your vin number and I will help you out.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:12 PM   #194
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: 2000 Bonneville... Scan tool?

Quote:
Originally posted by alt.ego
John,

Thanks for your reply post. Not being the gearhead I outta be, I have a question. The instructions say to use a 'scan tool'.

What is a scan tool, and how much of a pain is it to get one? (Cost, etc.)

Thanks,
-alt
A scan tool is a small handheld computer that connects to the vehicle onboard computer systems.

I really don't have a clue where you can get them, the ones we use at GM are from Kent Moore and can cost anywhere from 300 and up.

I do know there are several places online that sell them.

Try doing a google search for OBDII and gm scan tool, or Tech 2 scanners.

Good luck.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:16 PM   #195
TheJDog
AF Newbie

John, thanks for the help, I emailed you my VIN!
TheJDog is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion