Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 12:01 PM   #166
dcpyatt
AF Newbie

Cool 96-99 Saturn procedure verified

I just want to verify that the procedure listed at http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...599#post351599 works perfectly... I was able to program 3 remotes to my 96 SL2 with no problems using just a test lead from my multimeter and my 10 year old son. You don't have to be right by the connector with the remotes though, anywhere in range (20 feet-ish) works OK, my son was in the passenger seat. Thanks to all and happy programming!

Dave Pyatt
Alliance, Ohio
dcpyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 03:15 AM   #167
cdhorn
AF Newbie

My 95 Suburban has a 12 pin diagnostic connector and is labled with alpha rather than numeric characters. I also have multiple wires that are black with a white stripe. Does anyone know the correct procedure for programming the remote keyless entry with this configuration?

Clark
cdhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:15 AM   #168
cdhorn
AF Newbie

I have my own answer. Someone else talked about this configuration for another vehicle, so I tried it on mine and it worked. Here goes:

1. Short pins A and G and wait for the locks to cycle. (Pin A is in the upper right corner of the plug and Pin G is in the lower left corner of the plug.)

2. While grounded, push one of the buttons on the remote until the locks cycle again.

3. Remove jumper short and try the remote. Mine works fine.

Clark
cdhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 07:03 AM   #169
Brador
AF Newbie

97 GMC Remote Programming

I just purchased a new keyless entry transmitter for my 1997 GMC Safari (Yes, I want to keep the van. Don't ask me why.) Could someone please post programming instructions?

Thanks!
Brador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 10:03 AM   #170
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
Re: 2001 pontiac grand am keyless entry

Quote:
Originally posted by tmunro
i was wanting to know if anyone knows how to program keyless entry remotes for a 2001 pontiac grand am i purchased an extra but the dealership wanted 80.00 to program it for me. thank you folks for your advice
Sorry but this is one that requires a GM scan tool. I can email you the procedure if you want but it won't do you anygood. You will have to take it to the dealer but I can't believe they are going to charge you an hour to program it.
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 11:16 AM   #171
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally posted by trex
I saw the 1997 Lumina. Is it the same programming or different for a 2001 Lumina? Appreciate the help. Thanks.
This is the correct procedure for an 01 Lumina just compare it with the 97. I can't seem to find the book for 97 Lumina RKE. I bet they are different.

Transmitter Programming
Perform this procedure when any of the following conditions exist:

The RKE programming connector (BLK/WHT wire) is grounded (CKT 1455).
The RCDLR is replaced.
A remote keyless entry transmitter is replaced.
A second (up to a total of 4) remote keyless entry transmitter is added.

Important
If the vehicle has more than one keyless entry transmitter, ensure that all of the keyless entry transmitters are programmed during the same programming sequence. Any keyless entry transmitters that are not programmed will not work correctly.

Open the rear compartment lid.
Pull aside the right side compartment trim in order to gain access. Refer to Compartment Side Trim Replacement - RH Rear in Body Rear End.

Use a jumper wire with alligator clips in order to ground the RKE programming connector. The door locks will lock and unlock. This action indicates that the RCDLR has entered the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
While the programming connector is still grounded, program each of the keyless entry transmitters, one at a time. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first keyless entry transmitter. Hold the buttons for 10 seconds. The door locks will lock and unlock. This action indicates that the keyless entry transmitter has been programmed.
Repeat Step 4 for the remaining keyless entry transmitters. You may program as many as 4 keyless entry transmitters.
Remove the jumper wire from the RKE programming connector terminal.
Verify that the keyless entry transmitters operate correctly.
Install the right side rear compartment trim. Refer to Compartment Side Trim Replacement - RH Rear in Body Rear End.
Close the rear compartment lid.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID # 611704
2001 Chevrolet/Geo Lumina
Old 01-02-2003, 11:45 AM   #172
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: 2001 CAMARO Z28 KEY FOBS

Quote:
Originally posted by FLYDOCTOR
I purchased a used 2001 camaro z28 a few monthes ago from a GM dealer. It did not come with any key fobs. My car has power locks/trunk. Do camaros that have power locks/trunk come standard with the ability to add a key fob(s).
No not all of them came with keyless entry the car needs option AU0. This option will be listed on the Service Parts ID sticker near the spare tire. If you email me your vin I can tell you that way also. Here is the program procedure. also you are correct about the transmitter part number 16245100 the -29 is usally stamped after the part number on the transmitter.

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the body control module (BCM) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Remove the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times within 5 seconds. The BCM will confirm entry into the programming mode by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The BCM will confirm the programming of that transmitter by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4transmitters.
Replace the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID # 641006
2001 Chevrolet/Geo Camaro
Old 01-07-2003, 08:00 AM   #173
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: 2001 Pontiac Aztec Remotes

Quote:
Originally posted by Pontiac005
I have searched for the instructions on how to program a keyless entry remote for a 2001 Pontiac Aztec GT
Transmitter Programming
Transmitter Programming (Manual Method)

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number on the transmitters are for reference only: #2 can be programmed as #1 or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.

Perform the following steps:

Close the vehicle doors.
Turn OFF the ignition.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the driver side door lock switch to the unlock position.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
Release the door lock switch. The body control module (BCM) will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
Press the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry transmitter simultaneously for approximately 5 seconds. The BCM will sound two beeps in order to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed.
Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.
Verify the proper operation of each transmitter.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:04 AM   #174
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: 2002 Malibu keyless reprograming

Quote:
Originally posted by scottedwards
I'm trying to get the info on how to program 2 new transmitters that I bought for my '02 Malibu.
You cannot programm these unless you have a GM Scan tool. If you want the procedure anyway PM me and I will email it to you.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:52 PM   #175
BigGameSafari
AF Newbie

Question How Do You Program a 2001 GMC Safari Keyless Remote?

I just bought a keyless remote fob for my 2001 GMC Safari.
The dealer wants to charge me $40 to program it!

How do I do this myself?
Do I need to buy a $50 'scan tool' to do this (I'm afraid this is so), or is there another way for me to do it?

Please help me if you can.

Thank you! :flash:
BigGameSafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:28 AM   #176
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

BIGGAMESAFARI

2001 GMC SAFARI

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

You may program up to 4 transmitters, using either of the two following procedures:

Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 1 - No Tools Required)
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:40 PM   #177
oldmike
AF Newbie

Alero remotes

I need help in programming a keyless remote for a 99 Olds Alero. Anyone know the procedure?
Thanks,
Mike
oldmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 02:43 PM   #178
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: Alero remotes

Quote:
Originally posted by oldmike
I need help in programming a keyless remote for a 99 Olds Alero. Anyone know the procedure?
Thanks,
Mike
You will have to take it to the dealer and have them hook the scan tool up to the bcm on this one. Sorry. Here is the procedure anyway.

1999 Oldsmobile Alero

Transmitter Programming
A remote door lock receiver may have up to 4 different transmitters programmed. You may program a transmitter to more than 1 vehicle providing the remote keyless entry systems are similar. When reprogramming 1 transmitter, reprogram any and all other transmitters (maximum of 4 total per receiver) at the same time in order for the other transmitters to work.

Important
Leave a window down in the vehicle while reprogramming the remote control door lock receiver system. This procedure will avoid an unintentional lock out if the reprogramming is not performed properly.

Turn off the ignition.
Utilize a Tech 2 to program the remote door lock receiver.
Enter diagnostics (F0).
Enter body (F1); select the year (X) and body style (N).
Select "Remote Function Actuation" (F3).
Select "Special Functions" (F2).
Select "Program Transmitters" (F0).
Select the number of transmitters to program (1-4)
Follow the on-screen instructions; press continue, wait for the locks to cycle, hold the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 15-30 seconds, the locks will cycle again.
Exit the vehicle. Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify the programming.
Perform the following steps if the above procedure does not program the transmitter.
Reconnect the Tech 2.
Enter service programming (F1).
Press the "REQUEST INFO" key.
Select "Reprogram Existing Module"
Exit the vehicle and remove the Tech 2.
Follow the existing procedure to reflash the body control module.

Document ID # 338176
1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Old 02-05-2003, 06:43 AM   #179
oldmike
AF Newbie

99 Alero Remote

John,
Thanks very much for the fast response. I jumped ahead of myself in asking for the programming procedures. I first need to determine if the car has the keyless entry option. I bought it used and didn't get any remotes, but it has power everything and I'm hoping it has the option. Any help with how to determine this?
Thanks Again,
Mike
oldmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #180
llneal
AF Newbie

keyless remote 2001 olds silhouette

Just picked up the remotes and the dealer wants a fortune to program any help would be appreciated.
llneal is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion