Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Who makes the most luxurious cars?
Bentley and Rolls Royce 17 70.83%
Other: please post below 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 08:47 PM   #31
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by moe182

Do yourself a favor, and at least educate yourself before you make remarks like that.....
whoa whoa whoa.... easy there tiger
i went a little extreme in saying that it doesn't compare but you didn't list the standard features of the S600!
I guess the S500 does somewhat compare, but you can't make an S500 as good as an S600

anyway... all i'm saying is Rolls is better with it being exclusive and all, but the benz does have more features and if the S600 was to have the inside hand made and the lambskin floors. Then it would be a better car than the Silver Seraph in all aspects

Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche
I'd say RR and Bentley are overall better, but Mercedes does have better feautres, there's no doubt about it.
Thank You!! that's what i've been trying to get at
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-11-2001, 09:34 AM   #32
Hudson
Old Mod

It's kinda funny (kinda sad) to see the strength of the convictions on this thread for a bunch of people who've, at best, had rides in an S500 or, at worst, seen one of these cars on a dealership lot.

Rolls-Royces and Bentleys are outstanding cars. The are NOT worth the money over their higher-volume competition. DaimlerChrysler is an multi-billion dollar company and can invest in the best of everything and market it for $100-150k. Until Volkswagen took over control of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars just a few years ago, they did not have the money to make cars great and competitively priced.

There is something about a Rolls-Royce and Bentley (I have driven both). There's also something about an S600 that makes it a better value (if you can call a car in this price range a "value").

Base model Rolls-Royces start at US$220,700...not $300+. Bentleys start at US$210,700 (note: that's American cash...not Canadian, English, German, etc.). While the Mercedes-Benz S600 "only" costs US$117,545, this doesn't mean the English cars are better.

The S600 is a much more technologically advanced car. The Silver Seraph and Arnage have a higher level of hand crafting, but this doesn't mean their quality is above that of the Mercedes-Benz.

If someone were to give them to me, I'd take a Bentley. If I were in the market to buy a super-luxury sedan, it would not be either the Rolls-Royce or Bentley.

On someone else's question: BMW has not taken control of Rolls-Royce. Volkswagen operates the plant that produces all Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars and VW markets them around the world. At the end of 2002, the final Crewe-built Rolls-Royce will be produced and in early 2003, BMW will begin producing the brand in a new factory in England.

BMW supplies quite a few parts to the Silver Seraph and the Arnage, but they do not produce the cars.

Old 10-11-2001, 01:18 PM   #33
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
You will never get the same craftsmanship from a machine. In that way the Bentley and RR are better. Plus, you can get ANYTHING you want. Some guy had a toilet in his.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:28 PM   #34
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
LOL, So was thier a toliet seat and eveything?, I'd like to see a pic of that, complete with toliet paper dispenser and all.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Old 10-11-2001, 03:34 PM   #35
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Hudson
It's kinda funny (kinda sad) to see the strength of the convictions on this thread for a bunch of people who've, at best, had rides in an S500 or, at worst, seen one of these cars on a dealership lot.
actually I've been driven around in a brand new Bentley Arnage and I've driven an S600

so my points are pretty much based on my experience..... but you pretty much have the same point as me
(i guess the people that have been in these cars actually know )
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-12-2001, 05:26 PM   #36
Chris
Oldie

Sorry Porsche, no pics. I have a Rolls Royce sales brochure from the 80's, and they mention it in there (anything you want...)
Old 10-23-2001, 10:32 PM   #37
Striker073
AF Newbie

My mom has a Bentley Arnage Red Label.

IN my opinion, just hte pull of that torque makes it better than the S600

IN reality, I think it is the presteige, handcrafted luuxury, and how the car is designed.

When you step into a S600, it's very teutonic, pretty cold and unwelcoming in my opinion.

WHen you step into ANY british car, may it be a Jag, a Aston Martin, a RR, or a Bentley, there is an unmistakable feel of warmth and luxury that just PERMEATES the car. The acres of the finest conolly leather and wood, and of course the lambswool rugs, all signify that this is unmistakably BRITISH and the utmost in luxury possible. No they aren't very advanced, they might not have all the advanced features. But this is why people buy antique furnitiure. It is that feeling of Old-World luxury vs the new and hip and technoigically advanced. It is a quantitative thing but if you spend time in both, you'll understand why a RR or Bentley is superior to any Benz.
Oh and plus RR and Bentleys can be COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZED to whatever the individual buyer wants. Custom made handcrafted cars are the pinnacle of luxury. Period.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:49 PM   #38
Chris
Oldie

So, your mom has an Arnage Red Label. Nice
Would you like to get me one of the old mini's Please.

One of my all time dream cars is a Bentley Continental T Mulliner. 420hp and 650lb-ft, awesome!!
Old 10-25-2001, 08:52 PM   #39
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
Would you like to get me one of the old mini's Please.
Stop begging! And get off the furniture! Bad Chris!

Old 10-27-2001, 04:03 PM   #40
Chris
Oldie

lol:cwn27:

Then you shouldn't have let me on the furniture once
Old 12-04-2001, 09:30 AM   #41
LiuBei
AF Regular

Granted, yes I believe that Bentley and Rolls are the most Luxo. For a car that you may actually get a chance to buy someday without winng the lottery, that would go to the Lexus LS series. No not MB, not BMW, and don't even say Infiniti. For the dollar Lexus make by far the best Luxury cars you can buy. Go to the Lexus section in the LS 430 forum, I have a thread there that shows one main reason. Contact me for any more proof, HOOAH

:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh
"I'm the devil in the flesh, I can't give you the Lord."
-Styles of The LOX
Old 12-04-2001, 06:26 PM   #42
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

you think the LExus LS430 is the best for the money?! not even close

The infiniti Q45 costs like 5-10k less, not sure how much exactly... and it has like 50 more HP and even more luxury features IMO

I would still rather have the S600

if i would choose i'd definetly go Rolls or Bentley, i'm just sayin that the S600 is almost as luxurious, just not as exclusive
Old 05-01-2002, 06:11 PM   #43
ericthegreat
AF Newbie

I think that the S600 is more advanced than the bentley and rolls-royce
but the car to watch out for is the 2003 Bentley GT Coupe. That car is going to not only take on the CL600 but the ferrari 575M as well. I have read where bentley says they are packing it with a load of advanced features. It has the new W-12 in it so it is going to be hot if you want to check it out go to bentleygt.com and tell me what you think.
Old 05-25-2002, 08:14 AM   #44
crayzayjay
CFA

It's not even close. RR & B all the way. The driving experience is superior to the Benz (we're not talking about racing these cars, gang$starr), the interior is infinitely superior, you only have to sit in it once and be wafted away to realise how amazing it is (RR or B)... those huge seats, the wood, those thick, thick carpets... unparalleled luxury, let me assure you
Old 05-25-2002, 04:41 PM   #45
Chris
Oldie

Actually, a nice Bently Continenetal T Mulliner with 650lb-ft and 420hp is pretty fast and one of my favorite cars. And the Arnage now has a TT 6.75L version, with 450hp and over 600lb-ft, so dont ever accuse them of being slow.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons