Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 09:23 AM   #1
jamesaevans
AF Newbie

Studio 27 McLaren F1 GTR Decals

Hi,

I am looking for a set or Studio 27 McLaren F1 GTR decals, ideally I would like the orange #34 Gulf ones for the short tail GTR.

I managed to find some on eBay a few months ago, paid the seller, but the item never arrived. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a set? I have tried Google but all the shops I found are out of stock.

As I am building a 3D computer model the next best thing for me would be a high res/quality colour scan of the decal and/or the instruction sheet (showing where the decals should go in top/side/front views etc).

All help and assistance in obtainig a set of decal or scans would be most gratefully appreciated.

James
jamesaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
TireGaint
AF Enthusiast

Re: Studio 27 McLaren F1 GTR Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesaevans
Hi,

I am looking for a set or Studio 27 McLaren F1 GTR decals, ideally I would like the orange #34 Gulf ones for the short tail GTR.

I managed to find some on eBay a few months ago, paid the seller, but the item never arrived. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a set? I have tried Google but all the shops I found are out of stock.

As I am building a 3D computer model the next best thing for me would be a high res/quality colour scan of the decal and/or the instruction sheet (showing where the decals should go in top/side/front views etc).

All help and assistance in obtainig a set of decal or scans would be most gratefully appreciated.

James
Hi, you can but it from HLJ.com, a reliable Japanese online store.
TireGaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
jamesaevans
AF Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for the link, but unfortunatly they don't stock the Gulf decals and the other ones (Harrods, Fina etc) are also out of stock or on back order.

Can anyone suggest an alternative shop/website?

Thanks
James
Old 02-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #4
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

There are several places that I would look. www.scaleracecars.com, www.racingresin.com, www.1999.co.jp.... there are others but I can't think of them all. Hopefully others will point out their favorite places. If these decals are relatively old, and haven't been produced my Studio 27 in a little while, you might be better off looking at the smaller sites (like the first two) becuase they are more likely to have some old ones laying around than the sites that do more business, but who knows. I would go ahead and put in an order at HLJ, and continue to look. HLJ usually ends up with stuff, though it takes a while, and you can always cancel the order if you find it in the meantime. I'm sorry you haven't gotten your decals from the ebay seller, that sucks. I assume you've been emailing the seller? Regardless, just make a not of that seller and don't buy from him, and keep a lookout on ebay; it might be your best bet if you haven't decided you hate it. Good luck! Finding rare stuff is hard, but also sort of fun (at least, once you find it!)

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 02:23 PM   #5
Veyron
AF Fanatic

I don't remember any Fina's for the short tail at the time the original short tail kit was released by Modeler's. They did sell Modeler's Harrod's and Uneo Clinic decals but have been out of production for years.

S27 seems to keep reissueing their McLaren kits so they will probably release some mor alternative short tail decals.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:36 AM   #6
Aras
AF Newbie

Hi,
I've got Profil24 GTR with Gulf decals but I plan to build another livery (West Adrenaline). If you're interested, please contact me offline.

Cheers,

Aras
Aras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:32 AM   #7
RallyRaider
Zomby Woof

I suspect the McLaren F1 GTR decals S27 offered were only left overs from their resin kits. A decal printing run usually has a minimum run of 500 or so. S27 may have only needed half (to pick a number) of these for their kits. The rest would have been sold off as individual sheets. What this could mean is the number of decal sheets printed was very low, making the sheets very rare and hard to find.

You could send an email to one of the big online stores (HLJ, R10 or MediaMix) and ask them if S27 still carry the decals in their inventory.

I also hope you have taken some sort of action against the eBay vendor, if he didn’t do the right thing.
RallyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:05 AM   #8
jamesaevans
AF Newbie

Hi,

Thank you to everyone for their help and assistance.

I found an image on the www.scaleracecars.com website which will be very useful in the short term and I will keep looking on the websites that you suggested.

RallyRaider
Yes, I have notified eBay about the seller and I am waiting for their response. I don't hold out too much hope though.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling