Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Wave
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
Needlestick
AF Newbie

New pontiac wave owner need help

Hi guys,name is marc from canada. ive had my pontiac wave for about 2 years now, have not had a problem until these past 2 days.first problem is.CEL came on, ive checked the gas tank cover and the light went off afterwards. then 2 days later, CEL comes on again and while im driving. All warning signs came on, battery, oil, etc. and the car died. It did start right back up but the CEL is stil on.would any1 be able to help me with ths problem? Ive taken it to a dealership and they want $150 jsut to check the code and honestly, i dont have the money like that to dish out jsut for a "diagnostic" and pay more for the repair2nd problem is.battery was disconnected a while ago. and the radio is now dead. and does not even say CODE or LOCK on the deck. its just blank unfortunately, the car didnt come with the radio code since i got it used in 2007. also, the time is stuck at 1:00 and always resets at that time when the door opens and closes. any help would be much appreciated.
Needlestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
discnik
AF Enthusiast

Re: New pontiac wave owner need help

Without reading the code(s) that are stored it is impossible to say what is wrong. Buy one of the generic code readers and post back or do any parts houses up there read codes for free ?
discnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
Needlestick
AF Newbie

Re: New pontiac wave owner need help

Yea I took it to another garage and he used one of those readers and according to his reader, had something to do with throttle pedal or cable or sensor. Reader didn't specify
Needlestick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Wave