Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 11:32 PM   #3076
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Send a message via ICQ to Vipey1337 Send a message via AIM to Vipey1337
Re: Grand Am Off Topic Thread

WHEEEE!

Considering a Q60 Red Line (400 hp AWD). Traded my Mazdaspeed 6 for a Toyota Rav4 (V6... 260 hp). Not regretting it because powerful and useful. But now I want to turn my Subaru in and get a Q60!!!

Eventually

Current: 2012 Toyota Rav4 3.5L V6 AWD
Current: 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD + Accel Boost

Past: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE (sold 2013)
Past: 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring (sold 2016)
Past: 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition (sold 2019)
Vipey1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:10 AM   #3077
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to grfnkl

It's been a while since I've posted here! I'm still around just busy with work, home and kids. We have 4 cars now! Still have the 97 civic but not for much longer that's being given away to family. Still have the 04 RSX and the 09 RDX. The newest edition though is a 17 Accord Touring V6. That car is unreal! The power that it puts out is crazy. The car is actually scary fast something I never thought I'd say about a Honda. You floor it the car gets up goes while spinning the tires but the power is so great the car pulls you all over the place. I spun my wheels while driving when I went to pick up speed to pass someone. I haven't even take the car out of eco mode and put it into sport. I see that you guys don't come on often... hope all is well.

grfnkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:47 PM   #3078
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Still around! I check these forums every couple months to see who is still around, though it's basically dead

Still miss my grand am sometimes. I can still remember what it was like to drive it... the feel of the seats and the shifter, my audio system, etc... even though I have now driven other cars more mileage probably.

New goal now is to get a Kia Stinger GT2. The Q60 appears to be unreliable so I will go with a car with a 100k powertrain warranty. Should be getting it in the spring, now that I have no more debt! Then the Legacy, after 10 years of service, shall get retired. Which I originally bought to replace my grand am.

Life goes so fast...

Old 05-12-2019, 01:35 AM   #3079
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

I check in every week or two, just making sure everyone is behaving. lol
Im glad to see things are still active after all these years. Looks like all those tutorials have came in handy too

Ive been all over the past 4 yrs. Traveled a lot around North America. Its kinda been like a 7 yr vacation. my kids are grown, for the most part. grand-kids poppin up like weeds.

I think Im going to be moving down to kensucky, na few months. Its gonna suck hauling tools and my automotive projects around the sides of slippery mountains. Gonna do some organic farming.

Been looking for older 80s imports, that were RWD. While looking for japanese street racing cars i found this, Initial D anemia.
Initial D First Stage: Season 1 - 2010
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELLBPz0QR3ebI

I remember Toyota Corolla's we had here, they sucked! with low HP, but handled really well. idk about drifting tho .... unless you throw on a turbo, or two on them.

is that too many smilies? i dont want to offend anyone.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #3080
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroinfinity View Post
I check in every week or two, just making sure everyone is behaving. lol
Im glad to see things are still active after all these years. Looks like all those tutorials have came in handy too

Ive been all over the past 4 yrs. Traveled a lot around North America. Its kinda been like a 7 yr vacation. my kids are grown, for the most part. grand-kids poppin up like weeds.

I think Im going to be moving down to kensucky, na few months. Its gonna suck hauling tools and my automotive projects around the sides of slippery mountains. Gonna do some organic farming.

Been looking for older 80s imports, that were RWD. While looking for japanese street racing cars i found this, Initial D anemia.
Initial D First Stage: Season 1 - 2010
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELLBPz0QR3ebI

I remember Toyota Corolla's we had here, they sucked! with low HP, but handled really well. idk about drifting tho .... unless you throw on a turbo, or two on them.

is that too many smilies? i dont want to offend anyone.
Awesome that you're traveling XI! My wife and I have started traveling internationally once per year, for the past few years - New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Germany twice, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, UK, and next year Croatia, Bosnia, and Slovenia. We live in a small house but spend our time and money traveling instead of buying things...

...with the exception of the Tesla Model 3 AWD we bought in March

Sold the Subaru, got the Tesla, zero regrets. I did like the Subie but it was soooo slow.

I can't believe I was on these forums when I got it ten years ago... I remember being so happy I got it. Was still in college at the time too. I can't remember if I even announced I got a V6 RAV4 back in 2016 when I traded in my 'Speed 6... I think I did? That car still works fine too, it's a toyota so it's never going to break... probably going to outlast the Tesla lol.

How times have changed...

Anyone else still around? Haven't heard from Gir in a long time. I was friends with him on AIM but AIM is dead now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tesla.jpg (94.6 KB, 1 views)

Old 07-09-2020, 06:15 PM   #3081
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Hey all!

Be safe, don't get COVID!

Miss my grand am sometimes, but the Tesla is too effin' cool. Pre-ordered a Cybertruck, it looks so ridiculous but now that I live near Chicago, it will help repel bullets

Hope everyone is well!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Vipey1337 For This Useful Post:
ctesla (03-06-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #3082
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipey1337 View Post
Hey all!

Miss my grand am sometimes, but the Tesla is too effin' cool. Pre-ordered a Cybertruck, it looks so ridiculous but now that I live near Chicago, it will help repel bullets

Hope everyone is well!!!
Happy New Year everyone!

IDK about those Cybertrucks...or Teslas for that matter.
I really dont think they're any "greener" than a gas engine automobile since they mostly charge at home on the petrol grid. Have toxic batteries made from chemikills mined by slave labor in some third world country, and all that plastic. Lol

ON a brighter note; The Nissan GTR has a wheelbase of 109". The Grand Am GT sedan is 107".
So can one stuff the drive train from a GTR under a grand am? Whats 2", right?
Old 03-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #3083
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipey1337 View Post
Hey all!

Hope everyone is well!!!
so we all should be safe, and don't get COvid; and you have to play robocop on the southside..
congrats, on the 21st century truck.. i just pre-ordered from Elon too..
but mine was just StarLink; as here in rural colorado, not as many bullets as snowflakes, but real sucky dial-up plus speeds..

man, i envy some of your travels you posted.. i've spent 12 yrs travelling; but since it was militaristic involved, most were not tourist destinations..

enjoy the electric truck.. i kinda like the Lordstown; but i'll probably afford the retro-fit cruze package for my S10..

hope you get to see the Adriatics, and we don't close down any more..
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:28 PM   #3084
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctesla View Post
so we all should be safe, and don't get COvid; and you have to play robocop on the southside..
congrats, on the 21st century truck.. i just pre-ordered from Elon too..
but mine was just StarLink; as here in rural colorado, not as many bullets as snowflakes, but real sucky dial-up plus speeds..

man, i envy some of your travels you posted.. i've spent 12 yrs travelling; but since it was militaristic involved, most were not tourist destinations..

enjoy the electric truck.. i kinda like the Lordstown; but i'll probably afford the retro-fit cruze package for my S10..

hope you get to see the Adriatics, and we don't close down any more..
As much as I want a CT, I'm canceling my order. Just bought a new house a few months ago, and while it would fit, it would be too scary to do daily. Going to go with a Y instead I think... same price more or less but smaller. I'm trying to transition away from gas/oil products all together (battery powered mower and snowblower now in my possession which work great), more so for not having to store gas and oil than anything else... and simpler to work with.

I will always miss my Grand AM though, and the rockin' audio system I had.

I didn't get to travel last year, had to cancel everything. Sucked, but - first world problems. Still alive, got my final Pfizer last week, hopefully I'll be able to do SOME travel SOMEWHERE (even if it's just the south) later this year.

All of these are really first-world problems though so I'm not complaining too much, lots of peoples' best days would kill for some of these worst days that any of us have.

Glad to see everyone is still alive!!!!!! Especially you Xero, thought you vanished over in that Chalmers/Rensselaer area

Old 03-21-2021, 10:02 PM   #3085
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

congrats on new home.. yea, most of my power tools are battery, and i charge the batteries to and from home in my GMC Hybrid..
and i agree, even though Cadillac had the Bose, my Ponchos had rippin stereo systems..
i do not think hardly anyone got to travel last year.. it did suck, but i stayed up in the rockies and just did home improvement.. at least got stuff done..
yea, i sometimes complain about all the snow, but definitely have it better than the rest of the planet..
and i didn't know xero was that far south. i have family farther east; in the muncie area.
hope spring has come for you back there; we've still got snow for another month..
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:45 AM   #3086
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

I’m not sure what possessed me to check in here but I see everyone is doing well! I know it’s been sometime since I’ve posted but I’m doing well. The wife, kids and I just recently moved to Texas. Starting a new chapter in our lives. We left the hurricanes of NC behind us to deal with tornadoes! Yay!

For car related information, We still have our Acura RDX. We really don’t drive it that much. It’s sitting at 110k miles and it’s a 2009! It’s having a starting issue recently that’s stumping mechanics so out of caution I don’t drive it a lot just because I’m new to the area and don’t want to get stuck. I drive a 2017 accord touring ( that car is fun to drive)! Just the right amount of sporty looks, with all the comfort inside and a very powerful v6. My old civic we gave to my wife’s niece. My wife’s RSX was totaled in a car accident almost two years ago. A guy was cut off, swerved into the next lane from t boning a car that cut across the road, my wife’s lane slowed down and he plowed right into the back of her. As bad as the car looked the frame wasn’t bent, both rear quarters didn’t even buckle or dent. What did the car in was he hit the car dead center in the rear and crushed the rear hatch deck lid in, apparently those cost almost 3000$. So we said goodbye to that and got a fully loaded Honda Pilot with the tv in the back for the kids. I do miss my old grand am more so for the looks of the car. I did manage to track it down to about where it was last located. It finally died or given up on in Mississippi back in 2014. I saw it was issued a junk title. Just prior the car had a new oil pump put in and a bunch of motor work which I bet lead to its demise. The town that it was in I can almost guess which junk yard it ended up at. My g6 I tracked down to Kalamazoo, Michigan. Not sure the fate of that car exactly. It was last registered in 2019 and was only driven 600 miles between 2018&2019 and never registered since then. Not sure it it died, was parked some place or what. I’ve searched the vin for pictures seeing it was up for sale nothing. It kind of just faded away.

Other then that we are surviving and trying to be as safe as we can!

Old 08-27-2021, 08:08 PM   #3087
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Cool that you were able to track your cars down!!!

I want to do the same thing with my Grand AM but I'm 100% sure it's junked - it had over 200,000 miles in 2013 when I gave it up, just after I moved to the Chicago area. It's probably rotting in a junkyard or crushed into a cube somewhere. Such a shame, so many memories - I got it two weeks before the Sept 11th attacks, and my grandpa gave it to me cheap.

My Mazdaspeed is probably still out there, and I know for sure my Legacy is because it was a great car. Other than that - just sitting in my house, trying not to die of COVID, and probably going to try to have kids of my own soon. About damn time, my wife and I are in our mid-30's now!

Can't believe I was posting on these forums when I had just started college... or maybe even before!!!!

Old 08-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #3088
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

It’s easy to find more information on old cars and even current cars. I use the mycarfax app. Just put in the vin and bam you get the history of the car as long as it went to a shop the reported the work they did (I also use it on my current cars to remind me when I get oil changes tire rotation etc). I did use carfax itself on a few cars but I had free access to that at the time. My wife had a 2000 civic si in that blue everyone likes before her rsx. It was stolen and stripped… come to find out someone bought it fixed it and is still driving it today in Canada. I’ve been trying to track it down but whoever owns it keeps moving around will drive it for a year or two then park it for a while.

It interesting that you got your grand am 2 weeks before 9/11 because I bought mine about three week before 9/11. I remember the very first car wash I gave it was on 9/10.

For covid we are trying our best to be safe about it. We are both vaxxed but my wife is still considered high risk so we are being extra cautious because you never know. Plus my one daughter is prone to getting sick… like this past week she caught something and the Drs really thought it was covid but it’s just a bad upper respiratory infection that came on quickly. When you are ready for kids you will know. Age is just a number, but I will say it’s easier when you are younger. Also any big things you want to do like world vacations, house renovation etc due them before kids because it’s not happening for the first 3-5 years. You can still travel with kids to get them used to it but the amount of stuff you bring is overwhelming.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:38 PM   #3089
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Talking Re: Grand Am Off Topic Thread

i refused to participate in the covid games. But i tried like hell to catch it! FR!
... well, if i did catch it i never got sick. Ive never been tested nor have i took their bs vaccines. I only wore a mask once when i took a friend to the hospital.
My gf made a mask out of crocheted yarn that you could see thru. And i made one out of a big black lace D cup bra... you could see thru it too.

My youngest son did get it though, and was sick in Feb 2020 until May 2020. I was ready to fly to wuhan and kick some ass! LOL It took him months to recover at home and still has a cough today.
Its kind of fu how even caught it. But he works for a county highway in Indiana, and a guy that rode with him got it at a bday party, didnt know for weeks. It took two weeks before my son got sick. He had been working nights right before this job, so he had really low vitamin D, sleeping all day no Sun shine. And his dr confirmed that.

That is the common thing between all that i know who've got really sick or died.
Its prob why it affects people of color more than Caucasian(can i even say that word?lol) This seems to be something not discussed by mainstream media. But no one gets rich off vitamins! Every body is ca$hing in on it!

Apparently where my son lives a professor and some students from the local college were in china from Nov 2019 thru new years 2020, and came back sick.
Then the professor was at some lodge for a birthday party and spread it to over 100 people. Including the guy who rode with my son. I swear its like some F'ing plague invasion movie.

At that point no one in the US was really talking about it. But non-US news was talking about it, how it cleared all those protesters off the streets in china. Which their military couldnt do.
i think the crap would have been over if the vaccinated wasnt creating the variants, or what the govt calls "break through cases" and spreading those around more. More deadly than the original strain.
IMO Its a scamdemic! the shitty part is our tax $ paid for the R&D of covid19.

https://www.wionews.com/world/fauci-...origins-387497

White House defends Dr Fauci over lab leak emails
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57352992

damn enough of that bs its stressing me out!

But I loved it last year!!! Traveling was f'ing great!
No traffic no cops pay at the pump and go!
I was up in the Rocky mountains n colorado for a few weeks last summer, it was breathtaking, literally.
Gas was cheaper , food was too, if you could find somewhere open. Now places that were 24 hr are closing by 10-11 pm even on weekends. bastards And TG for hybrids ! My buddy has one we took on our vacation last year.

Mostly Im driving an F150 right meow, its a gas hog. But Im usually hauling or pulling something. Though i have other automobiles to drive. Ive got a couple grand am gt's that look great but dont move on their own. typical GA . lol Im not sold on any electric vehicles. Sure they are quick but to damn expensive for their short range.Maybe i should build my own...

Im still thinking about moving to kensucky or tannessee. I need to find a few hundred acres, or a huge abandoned factory like you see in a few of those Ken Block videos. But they'd prob shut me down after 1 day n night of racing.

Well IM running on, need to switch to decaff Im glad everyone is still around and didnt die from the covids.

Hopefully things get better next year. But things could get crazier, you never know these days.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #3090
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

also, if you noticed any pics I've posted are gone, its because photodump was on to me about to many pics and paying them $ or they'd delete my stuff. This has been ongoing for a year, so i downloaded them and deleted all them from PD.
So I'll have to add all those pics on all those Tips and Maintenance posts. its gonna take a minute...or three.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
grandam , offtopic , overflo , topic , weirdly
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM