Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:30 PM   #16
hollydolly
AF Newbie

Re: Tour/Sport Light Blinking

I just bought my 1995 3000gt sl and on my dash the word "sport" is blinking non stop. I have never seen the word "tour mode" I push the ecs button and nothing changes . I didn't have a manual with my car so I know nothing about the ecs button .I don't think its in sport mode because I got incrediable gas mileage on the 290 mile trip home with the car.but I need to know what to do where to look how to tell.etc.what is the mode actually mean? Its a 5 speed manual
hollydolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #17
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Tour and Sport is referring to the suspension. ECS that is referred to in this thread stands for Electronic Controlled Suspension. If the struts were replaced with non ECS struts then the ECS is not functional.

If you look on top of the struts there should be a rubber "cap." Under that cap there should be a small electrical connector plugged into the top of the strut. If there is no connector in the top of the strut then the struts are non ECS and that would explain the non functionality.

Another possibility is the ECS computer has leaking capacitors and isn't working. The problem with that is that could potentially damage the ECU. It may have been unplugged.

Look around at the struts like I suggested first. If the connectors are there then look to the ECS computer which should be located in the hatch area behind plastic on the driver's side.

If you have any other questions post up. I'll be glad to help, or to lead you in the right direction
Old 07-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #18
hollydolly
AF Newbie

Stealthee thanks for info and unfortunately I do have more questions for you. Will the sunroof motor from a 1998 base 3000gt fit into my 1995 3000gt sl model and work? Im trying to decide if I need to pay 400 for a 1998 3000 that's for sale for a parts car for my 1995sl model.The 1998 is a sohc automatic. Mine is 1995 gt sl with dohc 5 speed manual. Will parts interchange ?Like the h20 pump,starter,alternator,exhaust,radiator,thermosta t,etc? I know the timing belt will not and I assume the drive belts wont either.I know theres a Engine Cool Air Intake on the one for sale for 400 dollars,new starter,and alternator.Also the sun roof motor works well.Are there fuses I need to check somewhere for the sunroof motor?I push my button and it does nothing and I don't hear anything.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #19
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

As long as you have the factory powered sunroof in both then one from the 98 should work.

Water pump is different for a SOHC and DOHC. You'd be best served buying a new water pump anyway. That's not something you want to skimp on since it is timing belt driven and could take our your heads if something goes wrong.

Starter is different because of automatic and manual.

Alternator is different, only due to amperage, but they should bolt up. The DOHC is a 110 amp alt, and the SOHC is a 90 amp.

For exhaust, the downpipe and catback are the same, but the manifolds are not.

The radiator will work. The automatic actually has a thicker radiator. The only thing you might have to do is plug the holes for the trans cooler.

The intake arm is the same for both SOHC and DOHC.

I'm not super familiar with the power sunroof models functions, but there should be a fuse for it in the fuse panel under the dash near where your left shin is when driving.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #20
hollydolly
AF Newbie

Stealthee Here prob another dizty question ,could you explain a little on what the ecs actually does?I know its soft hard and medium but what that does to the car and when you would use or need each mode driving down the road.I saw a video about running a diagonistic test done by holding the ecs button in un til all lights go out and then it goes thru the functions of each strut and if that strut failed by the number of blinks .They acted like if it was blinking then some part of the struts was locked in hard but the rest might be in some other setting than hard.So I went out to my car and turned the key on and tried holding it down but light never stopped blinking.So I started it up and tried again and still the same no change. Now on one of the struts under hood the connector plug that goes to the strut that's visible has a couple of those wires that run thru what I call a quick connect plugin are cut or just wore thru in the center.Its on the passengerside strut.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:56 PM   #21
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

The wires probably broke and that would explain why the light is blinking.

As for what it does, in simple terms, tour makes the ride "cushy", while sport makes the ride slightly more aggressive.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:03 AM   #22
hollydolly
AF Newbie

I hope I don't get in trouble for asking this question in the ecs section but on my dash my radiator light is lit up orange. I checked coolant level and its fine.any ideas as to why its on?Check engine light has never been lit up which is a good thing I guess.It does get a little warmer than usual on hot days ,not every day but when it does start climbing im not hotroding I'll be doing a constant 70mph on freeway sometimes with the a/c on and sometimes it wont b on when it starts rising.Both fans r coming on I checked that.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #23
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

The sensor is in the overflow bottle. If it is low then the light will illuminate.

Also, some people confuse the radiator light with the washer resevoir light.

For the overheating you might just need a good coolant flush and a new thermostat. If you don't know the last time it's been done then now is a good time.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth