Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Driving Style and Technique
Driving Style and Technique Got a favorite way to enter a corner? Discuss all things related to piloting a race car here.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
jdmhagen
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to jdmhagen
power shifting

k so my friend thinks power shifting is the shit, so tell me is there any advantage to power shifting, yes i know it f**ks up the tranny but does it really help that much when pickin up speed, cuz he thinks it does
love nissans and rotaries
wish i had a 240
Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
ShadowWulf2K
AF Newbie

Re: power shifting

No, it's faster to shift normally, and to do so as smoothly as possible. Smoothness = speed
Old 06-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
alphaboo
AF Newbie

Re: power shifting

It's fun to know how to power shift and it's exciting to know your car well enough to be able to do it but it can damage the clutch plate and rip teeth off the gears if done wrong so I really wish this technique would disappear. Plus I have found no advantage to it. You pay too much attention to the engine to do it right and not enough time paying attention to the road for it to give you any advantage.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Driving Style and Technique