Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Rendezvous
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
kseguy92
AF Newbie

need some help 2004 buick rendevous

so i have a 2004 buick rendevous, and it had a no start issue. i checked for spark, i have spark, thought fuel must be next, didnt have a FP tester handy, so i pulled the fuel pump relay and used carb and choke cleaner as alt fuel source. started running on alt fuel. thought great must not be getting fuel pressure. put the fuel pump relay back in, and a buddy tried starting it again, fired right up. have not had an issue since. i did get a holdl of a FP tester and had good FP (i think it was around 48-52).did have a couple of codes in the system. P0230/P0336/P0327/P0436/P0520. now i know some of you are thinking, so whats the problem, the car runs now, but the problem is, i dont want to be stranded somewhere and have to pay for a tow or a mechanic shop to fix it when it could be something i can take care of on my own. just looking for a little help here. this is my first post here, thanks for your time. any other questions feel free to ask.
kseguy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: need some help 2004 buick rendevous

Welcome to AF. Ok, so have you researched the codes to see if any are related to the problem?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Max, they want us to Google for them.....very first code has to do with the f/p circuit....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
marc1981
AF Newbie

sorry it took so long to reply, i had to make a new account and have been busy for the past week, sorry once again

first my replies to both of you, yes i have looked up the codes,
p0230 is fuel pump relay circuit
p0327 is knock sensor
336 is crank sensor 24x
463 fuel pump lvl sensor
520 is oil pressure switch
719 is brake switch
and no i dont want you guys to do the work for me, i guess i just figured that i was talking to ppl that would have an idea of what the codes mean, im sorry for assuming, and dont want to seem like i am just here to get a quick fix or something like that.

ill try to be alot more in detail of what is going on and what i have done or tried to do

so my car did the crank no start again, heres what i have so far, tested F/P key on engine off is at 56 psi then bleeds down to 52 psi, while cranking it has 56 psi constant. has good spark at the front 3 wires, did not check the rear wires yet. i do not feel that would be the issue as when it does start it runs fine, until it does not start once again.

checked to see if fuel injectors are "ticking" when cranking, it sounds as tho they are clicking.

it does have a remote start system on it, not too sure if that would cause something like im having happen. i get that its an intermitten issue. once in a while when the car does not start, i can use the remote starter and it "fixes" the issue. something that didnt come to mind until right now. but if that was the case, why would only be doing this most of the time every 4-6 weeks? any and all help would be fantastic. thanks for reading
marc1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #5
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Could be a security issue. It might not recognize the key for some reason, but it recognizes the signal from the FOB when you start it.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #6
marc1981
AF Newbie

thought i would also mention, that every time i try to look into the issue it starts while diag is goin on, such as this last time, i ran the battery a little low. still had lights and would crank, but real slow, put a battery charger on it and let it charge for 5 mins or so, and boom there we go, fires up again lol
marc1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Rendezvous