Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 09:43 PM   #1
psykod
AF Newbie

'02 front speaker replacement

I recently bought an '02 Xterra and was going to install the JL Audio speakers I had removed from my '01 Frontier before I traded it in. I pop the door panel off and am amazed to discover that nissan had clarion design a speaker that has integrated the door spacer into the speaker itself. From what I could tell, the frame of the speaker was molded directly into the door spacer . I guess I can probably purchase the '01 door spacer and stick it in there, but I was hoping someone might be able to tell me I was wrong about this. Also, does anyone know off hand if the in dash 6 disc system uses a passive or active crossover to send the mid/lows to the 6.5's or do they just cross the lows out at the tweeter? For the time being, I'm going to just replace the speakers because I don't want to go through the hassle of completely installing my old system again. Since my speakers are co-axials, I need to know if I can tap the signal directly from the speaker wires going into the woofer, or if I need to tap in somewhere closer to the radio.
psykod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail