Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #16
Porsche_Daddy
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Why get a Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bussman240sx
Actually I change my own oil. I was a mechanic for years and built custom cars. Sorry daddy, didnt mean to upset you, however just because a person can currently afford one doesnt give a reason to rip on them. most of them arent even that expensive. You can get many for 100k or less, much like many Mercedes and Porsches.

I like ferrari's and I could've bought an older used one but I chose not too. I have no problem with the owners of these cars for the most part but that guy just hops in here to flaunt the fact that he has 6 Ferrari's. Not once, or twice, but in all 3 of his REDUNDENT posts. I understood the first time, no need to post it 2 more times guy. The thing with guys like that is he proably knows jack shit about his cars so basically can contribute nothing to the forum which is painfully obvious by his first few posts. I like how he decided to respond to threads like this one and the other 2 instead of a thread that would actually require some technical knowledge of the car. He wanted some flamage so I'm gonna give him some.
Xenons
Bose surround Sound
18" Carrera Lights
Painted to Match Roll bars
Porsche_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:02 PM   #17
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EvoCrazy
Re: Why get a Ferrari?

Yea, its true some people dont know shit about there Ferraris. But trust me, there are A LOT of people out there who know a lot about the car they own. Some people buy them for the pasion and some people buy them for the name.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:10 PM   #18
NSX-R
AF Regular

Re: Re: Why get a Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoCrazy
I dont even know how to answer your question. I'll tell you this though...
1. You will never get the same respect with a Supra/Skyline.
2. Ferraris arnt as bastardised as Skylines.
3. I would take the slowest Ferrari over a Skyline/Supra.

Then Why are you evo crazy thats a japanese car so is a supra and a skyline ?
NSX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:53 PM   #19
carcrazy16
AF Newbie

Ferraris are so much more than that. The heritage, the badge and the fans. Ferraris have thousands of hours spent on testing one thing like suspension then another thousand on engine and so on. People like Tiff Needell and Jeremy Clarkson have driven many of these great cars and they can't get over them, the perfect feeling of the steering,the handling, the acceleration(though it might not be as fast as a suped up skyline or supra) these are great cars. Yeah lots of people do buy them for looks or whatever but these cars are great. I used to be really into supras and skylines ETC and I still partly like the cars but anybody can put a turbo on a car and bring up it's horsepower. Ferraris 360 is a 3.6 liter V8 making 400H.P. which is a huge amount from a naturally aspirated 3.6 liter. BMW proved in the eighties that you can make huge horsepower when they made 1000+ h.p. from a 1.5 liter engine. Now while it may sound like i'm treating skylines and supras I do like them and think when you do the right stuff to them they can be fun, great cars that you yourself(the owner or passionate fan) can really respect. I also see how you order a ferrari,you get it, take it to the track and drive it around a couple times in your life compared to buying a 98' supra, buying thousands of hard earned dollars on a new turbo kit,engine management system,exhaust,ETC and then doing all of the work yourself can seem alot more respectful than ferrari but the people who love the prancing horse and go to the F1 races and the people that really understand and love Ferrari are the ones that really know what it's like. It's like being bit by a snake and your arm is amputated and you'll never get that arm back just like being "bit by Ferrari" and loving it so much(i know it's a weird example).
carcrazy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:24 PM   #20
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

The BMW engines that had over 1,000 hp from small displacement engines were F1 engines and they had at least one turbocharger. Hp/liter is just a number.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:00 AM   #21
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj

i think you should have named the topic 'why not buy a ferrari'. personally, i would rather have one ferrari than 5 supra's.

Quote:
two answers. first. if you were in the market to buy one of these cars and use it as a regular daily car then everything else doesn't matter. by that i mean, then you probably already have a £2 million pound house, a £750,000 holiday home in Cascai and membership to a £15,000 a year gym membership. it's all relative. saying what you'd buy if you SUDDENLY had a big pile of cash is not quite valid cos you are still seeing with the eyes of someone who can't, at this moment, afford it. my house is valued at about £120,000, my family house is about £200,000. my car cost me £12,000. i.e my car is 10% of the cost of my house. take the ferrari 360 as posed in the thread. it costs around £100,000. if the guy in question has a £2million house, that ferrari, only cost him 5% of his home. it's all relative. you balk at the thought of a £120 oil change but that's pittance to the guy who CAN afford it. second. best explained by examples. factory machine printed 'poster' or original painting? 'off the shelf' suit or a tailor made, bespoke suit? prize-machine digital watch or hand crafted george daniels?
very well said, drunken monkey.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #22
tomtom206
AF Newbie

not just for the look but for the car
Old 03-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #23
0tobe60in10minutes
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 0tobe60in10minutes

hello everyone..
first off.... i totally respect all of you who own a ferrari(s). if you are smart enough to get the education, or the hard work to afford a car such as ferrari, you should be allowed to anounce your prize for your work howmany times you want.

second.. why not by a ferrari, if you can afford the car, why not? i look at it like this. i own an older porsche 914, which is basically nothing special, just a small vw. yet when i first saw the car it blew me away, at how advanced it was for its era, and how its look just was aggresive. i basically wanted the car for the social reasons, but whats wrong with that??? now that i own the car, and ive fixed many of the problems, i LOVE driving the car. its not super fast but hey, its a sports car and i would buy another one any day for the driving pleasure.--shouldnt this apply to anyother car such as a ferrari???

soo... whats wrong with buying a car that you have earned. PLUS, a turbo supra runs about 45-50k these days, and when ppl so you in those cars, they give you tips, i know i give ppl tips for supras, and if i saw a skyline around here id blow up...they are nice... there just a different car. ferrari, over the years has earned its racing reputation, and now public reputation, so why not just respect the people who own ferrari's just the same as a person who owns a supra...they are great track cars, and they are a great symbol of social status..live with it...
Old 10-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #24
ferrari612
AF Newbie

The only reason I bought my Ferrari was because it was a very fun car to drive when I test drove one. I don't take it to restaurant or show it off to my friends. It's my own private toy.
ferrari612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:25 AM   #25
jimken
AF Newbie

Ferrari is such a recognizable and coveted vehicle, it is of course not cheap either – that’s probably why you’re hiring one, rather than just heading out to the garage and hopping into your own Ferrari. However, when you hire a Ferrari limousine, you can feel the power of the car, enjoy the ride and enjoy being seen, without the worry of breaking such an expensive, not to mention beautiful, vehicle.

For 2014, if the engine advantages are not enough to convince you that we are in for a change, Ferrari and Mercedes will probably have the two strongest driver pairings for next season, as well.
jimken is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360