Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Element
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
rsmith8411
AF Newbie

Element fifth seat idea

I have looked at options for a fifth seat in my Element, but the $440 price tag at http://www.littleseats.com/honda_element.htm is a little steep, plus it takes up a lot of storage space. I added a "fifth" seat in between the two factory back seats by simply having my 8 year old sit between the two seats and buckle him in with a special lap seat belt I found on eBay. The seat belt is off a child car seat -- the Britax Roundabout. All I used was the belt/strap that the Roundabout uses to attach to the seat anchor points. I used it as a lap belt. It attaches, using regular seat belt-type push button buckles, to the anchor points that all cars come with that are embedded in the part of the seat between the cushion and the seat back. To find them, recline the seat look for the factory plastic covers. Remove the plastic factory covers and you can attach the Roundabout belt directly to these anchor points just like a regular seat belt would attach. If you have installed a child car seat you are already aware of these. Once you remove the covers and know where they are, you don't need to recline the seats to buckle up again.

Here is a picture of the Roundabout belt: http://www.babyearth.com/britax-roun...-car-seat.html

It's not the most descriptive photo -- most of the belt is hidden underneath the seat, but you can see the straps dangling at the bottom. That's what you want. I got mine on eBay for about $30. You need to get one that is about 42" or longer. There were two or three on eBay of various colors when I got mine. Hope this works for you. It's been great for us.
rsmith8411 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Element