Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Falcon | Fairmont | FPV
Falcon | Fairmont | FPV Australian and American versions. Includes the XR6 and XR8 as well as FPV models like the Typhon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 12:35 AM   #1
Cheeksy87
AF Newbie

Unhappy EL 97 Ford Falcon Futura door lock problems

My falcon is not responding to key entry from the drivers side door (keyless entry does not work anymore due to dead battery I believe) and Only unlocking from the trunk (it is a wagon). However when it unlocks it immediately relocations itself automatically. My only chance of accessing the cabin now is to unlock it at the trunk and then climb through to the drivers seat and open the door there (child lock on in the backseat for my kids)
Also to make matters worse, now I accidentally pushed the closure catch when it was open last and now it is not reopening, even when I unlock the doors momentarily. So now the trunk won't shut so I can't even lock up the car. It is pretty hilarious to watch but I'm pretty stressed so right now, having a hard time seeing the light side.

From what I've read it could be an actuator?

Some help On pointing me in the right direction for diagnosis would be amazing. Notifying of what part would be needed and how to fix would be even better!

Thanks crew!
Cheeksy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:24 AM   #2
Yogesh Kumar
AF Newbie

Re: EL 97 Ford Falcon Futura door lock problems

This would not happened cause of battery issue. Please check your car locking system.
Yogesh Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
actuator , automatically , door , falcon , locking
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Falcon | Fairmont | FPV