Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 06:28 AM   #1
Brieanna
AF Newbie

Question 06 tC trans issue? Over-revving & bucking

I have a 2006 Scion tC, automatic, and I'm having some issues with it. My car has about 101,400 miles on it. I've taken care of it since I got it. My commute is only 15 miles roundtrip (city), and I don't typically drive too far other than that, so I'm not putting a ton of miles on it either. Prior to this, nothing has needed to be fixed.

Every so often (though it seems to do it more and more lately), it will over-rev, buck a bit, then shift into the next gear. It does this no matter what gear it's shifting into, how long I've been driving/how warmed up the car is, etc. To give some idea, it typically shifts around 2100-2200 RPMs. When it does this over-rev and buck, it's going to 2500+ RPM, sometimes holding there despite accelerating, and then shifting. Again, doesn't matter what gear it's shifting into, it'll do the same thing. The delay in shifting seems to be getting worse.

I already checked the fluid level and that's fine. I'm assuming it's either my solenoid or my trans slipping/starting to go, but I wanted some second opinions. I know it's hard without seeing the car but I figured someone here might have experience with this issue.

I'm planning on draining and flushing the trans fluid today and seeing if it improves, just in case. If not, it's looking like I'm going to need to fully take it apart and look at the trans itself, but it really doesn't seem worth it to me to shell out for a new trans either way.
Brieanna is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
scion , slipping , trans , transmission
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC