Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '01-'05 Civic
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Pvt_Brain_Dead
AF Newbie

2003 Honda Civic SI Coupe doesnt exist???

so ive been looking around about this car alot recently on the internet, considering i am buying one this weekend. It is an 03 Si coupe. but yet everywhere i search on the internet besides youtube and shit, the car doesnt seem to exist, it doesnt even exist on procivic.com the only 03 Si versions that i see anywhere are the hatchback models which i dont understand, im trying to figure out if my soon to be car has the K20A3 engine and if it has EP3 or Em chassis. This doesnt make any sence what so ever because ive seen and drove 3 2003 Civic Si coupe's when i was looking to buy one. Yet they dont seem to exist unless they are hatchback? could anyone explain this to me? im confused as fuck
Pvt_Brain_Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Timelord
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Honda Civic SI Coupe doesnt exist???

I believe that the Civic Si was only available as an EP3 hatchback for '03. They were made only in England and had the K20A3 engine. I've got an '02 and I love it.

Timelord
Timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: 2003 Honda Civic SI Coupe doesnt exist???

It's because you're in Canada (according to your profile), and North American car forums hate Canadians. The problem is that on most forums, when talking about different trims, it's usually the U.S. trims being discussed. So when someone mentions an Si, they're talking about the U.S. Si, which is sold as an SiR in Canada. And the Si sold in Canada is called an EX here in the States.

Basically, you're looking at an "EX" Coupe, which is an EM chassis, and has a D17A2 engine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_D_engine#D17A2

So, if you're looking for a Civic, in that year range and with a K-series engine, you'll have to look for an SiR (which only came as a hatchback).

Edit: Just now realized this was a 5 month old thread. Oh the shame I feel... the shame.

Last edited by CivicSpoon; 03-31-2014 at 10:33 PM.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
civic , coupe , ep3 , hatchback , k20a3
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '01-'05 Civic