Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
ThrottleAbuse
AF Newbie

Rear Park Assist not beeping

My girlfriend has an 07 1500 new body style LTZ. It has the rear park assist and was working just fine before. Now when you put it in reverse the system makes the single beep. Then as you back up the lights in the back window on the passenger side all seem to work. The only problem is it doesn't beep anymore. As you get closer the beeps get more should get more and more frequent the closer you get to something. Anyone have this issue before? Any ideas how to fix it? I tried turning it on and off, but no luck. Thanks.
ThrottleAbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Rear Park Assist not beeping

I personally have not run into this problem. There may be a programming issue with the park assist module, or the module itself may need replacing. Other than the lack of chime, the system seems to be working ok? You may also check in the owners manual, or in the DIC info menu and see if there is a way to turn the chime off and on without disabling the park assist feature, but I don't think there is.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
ThrottleAbuse
AF Newbie

Yes the system seems to be working fine except for the chime when you start to get close to stuff. The chime does sound when you put it into reverse. I checked the DIC and the chime is still set to loud.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
kenman1717
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
Yes the system seems to be working fine except for the chime when you start to get close to stuff. The chime does sound when you put it into reverse. I checked the DIC and the chime is still set to loud.
what do the sensors looke like in the rear bumper, are they blocked in anyway, or do you have something sticking out the trialer hitch that is in close proximity to them. do the connectors behind the bumper where they plug in look alright, full of mud, etc. these things can have an affect. and only one sensor needs to have an issue for the rest no to function properly.
kenman1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
ThrottleAbuse
AF Newbie

Ok. This is odd. Before when the chimes first stopped working when you would get close to stuff the 3 lights were working and the initial reverse gear chime would work. Today I drove it and no chime when you put it in reverse and no 3 lights. Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman1717 View Post
what do the sensors looke like in the rear bumper, are they blocked in anyway, or do you have something sticking out the trialer hitch that is in close proximity to them. do the connectors behind the bumper where they plug in look alright, full of mud, etc. these things can have an affect. and only one sensor needs to have an issue for the rest no to function properly.
I didnt inspect the sensors closely, but they looked fine initially. I will look at them a bit more.

I tried holding down the parking assist button in the truck. After about 5 seconds it would say service parking assist or something similar. That is not a good sign I am guessing.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

What did the sensors look like when you checked them out again, ThrottleAbuse? If you decide on working with a GM dealership to get this checked into, let me know as I'm available to assist in that process.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
ThrottleAbuse
AF Newbie

The sensors all look fine. Odd thing is she said she got one random beep out of it today and no lights.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:18 PM   #8
dveuleman
AF Newbie

Did you ever figure out why it wasn't beeping? Just bough an 08 suburban and it's doing the same thing. Just spent 800$ on repairing the sensors and it worked fon a little while, but now, no beeps
dveuleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #9
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dveuleman View Post
Did you ever figure out why it wasn't beeping? Just bough an 08 suburban and it's doing the same thing. Just spent 800$ on repairing the sensors and it worked fon a little while, but now, no beeps
first is this member is not around lately. 2012 post.

best start a new post with why you replaced those sensors for $800.....

should have came here first . its backwards what you did.

I would go back to the dealership that improperly promised you the $800 fix..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado