Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
atoyota4x4
AF Newbie

02 Escape Rear Wiper

Anyone Know Where To Get A Replacement Blade Besides The Dealer? I Have Been Turned Down By Napa And Autozone So Far.

Sorry For All Caps!
atoyota4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 02 Escape Rear Wiper

I found an 11" replacement blade at Advance Auto Parts. The original is 10" and this one just barely goes above the window at the top of the sweep. I cut about a 1/4" off that end where it did touch the paint.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
AlohaBra
AF Enthusiast

I use a larger size blade refill and take the new rubber out cut it off to the right length and then "lace" it into the old blade.
AlohaBra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #4
quteasabutton
Banned

Send a message via AIM to quteasabutton Send a message via Yahoo to quteasabutton

how about farm & fleet or fleet farm or an online parts store? i know this thread is sorta old so you probably already found a solution but if u need help for next time there's some ideas
quteasabutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #5
mtmaurer8ooo
AF Regular

Seriously...is $11.50 just way too much for a wiper blade once a year??? I mean, come on, you waste more on gas driving around looking for a wiper than you would had you just gone down to the dealer and gotten one. I'm all for saving money but there is a point where I just draw the line and buy the thing even if it is a dollar or two more. And by the way, the Motorcraft style blade that most dealers carry is FAR superior to anything that you can get anywhere else. MM.
"Listen to me Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground."
mtmaurer8ooo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid