Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
slightlysubliminal
AF Newbie

01 Dodge Grand Caravan,one light works, the other doesnt; replaced FCM and still DOES NOT work

Hello all,

Recently started working on a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan that was given to me and noticed the lights malfunction. After much research I found that one daytime light working and the other not, and then switching when turning on headlights or brights is a common issue and many resolve the issue by replacing the Front Control Module. I did this as well as replaced the main computer but the light issue is not fixed and I have created a new problem it seems: my van now runs very rough and it is throwing codes for the throttle position sensor claiming to not get enough power and something else to do with my 5th cylinder. PLEASE HELP!
slightlysubliminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:40 PM   #2
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: 01 Dodge Grand Caravan,one light works, the other doesnt; replaced FCM and still DOES NOT work

Not familiar with DLRs (your daytime lights?). I take it you changed the bulb, inspected/cleaned the socket, checked for voltage at the socket correct? I'm sure you read about slightly twisting the contacts on the FCM to make better contact. Not sure which are DLR contacts.

If you changed the PCM (your main computer?) and now you have a rough running engine you either damaged a contact/wire when you installed it or the PCM you installed is bad. Why did you change it?

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
caravan , daytime , grand , headlights , lights
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager