Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
euphoriKim
AF Newbie

Question Fuel Efficiency Rate

Good day!

I would want to ask a question regarding the Fuel Efficiency of cars "generally".

Having a different engine from car to another do have a big difference in computing the efficiency rate. Also, depending on the usage and "age" of the said vehicle.

My question is [regardless of what brand, transmission, and technical features of an automotive] , if my fuel efficiency rate is 10 km/100L when I bought a brand new car, what will be it's fuel efficiency rate in the near future? 5 to 10 years?

Does anyone could help me about this matter?

Thank you in advance mates.
euphoriKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: Fuel Efficiency Rate

Unknown , too many variables, my 180,000 mile Leasabre is down about 2 mpg in general, very well maintained car in this case.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
Mastercarpentry
AF Newbie

Re: Fuel Efficiency Rate

Most cars will experience a slight increase in fuel mileage a month or two after purchase as parts wear in together lessening friction. Then it declines, mostly by cylinder pumping becoming less efficient with more wear. A 10-15% loss is common with high mileage, some do a little better and some do a little worse.

Real-world fuel mileage tests have shown that the driver acts differently under testing, producing higher fuel mileage figures then they normally would see. Between these two you may notice a decrease in mileage through time but it won't be highly significant among overall vehicle operating costs which will increase with repairs and age. I'd say forget about if if you're getting decent mileage now as it will still be decent later.

Phil
Mastercarpentry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastercarpentry For This Useful Post:
euphoriKim (01-19-2016)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical