Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
jkeaser360
AF Newbie

HELPPPP-2005 Traillazer

Alright...So I was messing with fuses on my Trailblazer to clear my "Service Engine Soon" light. I put everything back where it belongs (Yes I double checked) and started up the truck. The light was gone but it had some difficulty starting up. It shuddered and started to die at first and then with a slight tap on the gas pedal (on the second try) it started up and idled just fine. It also begins to die if I turn on the A/C. Please help me...I know the issue is likely with the throttle body and IAC flap being dirty but I'm not quite sure and this is my daily so I'm kind of freaking out
jkeaser360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: HELPPPP-2005 Traillazer

You likely reset the memory in the ECU which means it is in a "relearn" procedure. After driving around for awhile it should have all of the parameters back where they need to be and it will be back to normal.

Next time drive it to Advance and use their code reader to clear the code. Or you can even get a cheap reader on Amazon or eBay for $15 shipped and it will at least read and clear codes.
Old 12-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #3
jkeaser360
AF Newbie

Re: HELPPPP-2005 Traillazer

Thank you. I'm likely going to pull off the air boxes and spray some cleaner and update back here.
jkeaser360 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical