Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 10:55 AM   #16
CivicSlayr
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to CivicSlayr
Re: Car Market in 3-5 Years Predictions

I belive that the Corvette will (already has) rise to the performance arena with the viper and ford GT, but nobaody cares because those cars are way overpriced and will die off in a few years. The new camaro will replace the old vette as a car that doesn't have any competition in its market. The mustang, the GTO, and the Charger/Magnum will be locked in a horse power war until dodge gets tired and just throws a viper motor at one of them. Then they will return to fuel mizers like they were in the 80's. Oh all these dodge trucks are gonna die off in like 4 years it's nonsence and dodge knows it whats more. The srt-4, and cobalt i belive will be in a horse power war, like the muscle cars of old inexpensive, fast, and beutifull. The foucus is gonna be cut because it sucks.
I see Honda, Toyota, and Nissan leaving the U.S. and the luxuray brands staying abd being dubbed as American.

Civicslayr don't post much, but when he does post youd better read it or he'll come over to your house and pimp slap you. -Slammed2themax

A must read: The Bathroom Strory
A must visit: Fecklessthings
CivicSlayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #17
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Re: Re: Car Market in 3-5 Years Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSlayr
I see Honda, Toyota, and Nissan leaving the U.S.
Craziest thing I have ever heard. No way this will ever happen.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:20 AM   #18
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Car Market in 3-5 Years Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSlayr
I belive that the Corvette will (already has) rise to the performance arena with the viper and ford GT, but nobaody cares because those cars are way overpriced and will die off in a few years. The new camaro will replace the old vette as a car that doesn't have any competition in its market. The mustang, the GTO, and the Charger/Magnum will be locked in a horse power war until dodge gets tired and just throws a viper motor at one of them. Then they will return to fuel mizers like they were in the 80's. Oh all these dodge trucks are gonna die off in like 4 years it's nonsence and dodge knows it whats more. The srt-4, and cobalt i belive will be in a horse power war, like the muscle cars of old inexpensive, fast, and beutifull. The foucus is gonna be cut because it sucks.
I see Honda, Toyota, and Nissan leaving the U.S. and the luxuray brands staying abd being dubbed as American.
I don't see the Viper and Ford GT dieing of anytime soon. They sell all that they make and the dealers can charge more than the sticker price for them and they still sell. I like the Viper and always have but the new ZO6 pretty much kicks the Viper's ass in everything except exclusivity.

As far as the Mustang, GTO, and Charger horsepower war I think the Charger is in it's own class. It always gets put into muscle/pony car comparisons when it's a heavy 4 door pig (and still runs pretty even with the both of them). I think that Dodge will come out with a 2 door Challenger in the next couple years with the 5.7 Hemi and an SRT8 6.1 Hemi and that will be in the same class as the Mustang and GTO and we should have a fun horse power war on our hands.

Dodge trucks are gonna die off??? WTF is that based on. If anything the GM trucks are gonna start dieing off. GM is having money troubles as it is and they make like 6 versions of the same SUV. I see those numbers going down over the next few years. DXC doesn't usually make the same truck and put it across most of their brands.

The SRT4 and Cobalt war is over for now. The SRT4 stopped production in Sept. I believe. I do think the SRT4 will come back 6 months to a year after Dodge releases the Caliber. I do have a prediction with that though...it's pretty much just wishful thinking though. I hope they stick the 4G63 and the Evo drivetrain the the Caliber for the SRT4. I had heard that as a rumor last time I was down at the Dodge dealership.

Why would Honda, Toyota, and Nissan leave the US?!?! They're sales are doing great compared to the "domestic" brands lately.
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:06 AM   #19
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Car Market in 3-5 Years Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydg
I don't see the Ford GT dieing of anytime soon. If anything the GM trucks are gonna start dieing off.
The new Silverado will have a similar chassis to the nice 2007 Tahoe.

New 2007 Chevy Tahoe

The Ford Shelby GT-1 could be made after production of the 550 hp GT is done next year.

605 hp V-10
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:15 AM   #20
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
Well, 5 years from now, Huh? 2010... Let's see here:

The automotive climate will be similar, yet refreshishg. Kind of like Coke with Lemon. Traditional truck-based SUVs will no longer be the hot item. Crossovers will be at the pinnacle of their popularity and wagons will be close behind. Regular sedans and coupes will be mostly uneffected by this, of course. Every major manufacturer will have at least one hybrid vehicle and deisel engines available for most models. Most V8's (truck and SUV) will be deisel or ethenol (however its spelled) capable. There will be a push for economy, as another oil crisis isnt far ahead Im sorry to say. There will be drilling in Alaska in small quantitys. But as far as brands go, this is my perception:

Acura: most current vehicles offered today will be available, all redesigned.

Alfa Romeo: full line sold here due to America's acceptecne of diesel engines.

Aston Martin: still making fast and powerful cars, will have a V6 powered base model.

Audi: Wil new corperate face all worked into the publics minds, they will
offer their full European models here, including the V6 powered A8. New Q5, hybrid Q7, A4 cab replaced by A5 coupe/cab.

BMW: same as Audi, 7 redesinged, 5 about to be.

Bentley: similar to Aston Martin, but will have E-Class sized model to slot in below the mid-cycle refresh Flying Spur. Conti GT redesigned.

Bugatti: Veyron production no longer, 16-cyl sedan released.

Buick: on the chopping block with Pontiac and Saab. Will have many 4-cyl cars too.

Cadillac: all current models available, deisel 6's available on Escalade

Chevy: about the same as today, more emphisis on design and economy, camero out for about a year

Chrysler: 300 redesigned, Aspen sales slowing, all models available with 6's, some with 6 standard, 8 optional.

Dodge: Challenger sales still strong, Durango sales slowing, engines same as Chrysler.

Ferrari: same as Aston, V6 powered Dino

Ford: same as chevy, mustang refreshed to keep up with Challenger and Camero, intros Euro models (Ka, Mondeo replaces 500)

GMC: V6's satndard, deisel V8's optional. Denali sales slowing despite best efforts.

Honda: focusing more on economy than anything else.

Hyundai: Exceptional vehicles for the price. Has new Lexus-like brand of luxury cars.

Infiniti: G35 redesign two years ago, sales still strong. QX56 axed.

Isuzu: slow death

Jaguar: entry level roadster, X-type redsigned to be more upscale, s-type redesigned 2 years ago, steady sales, XJ still doing well, XJ6 available here also.

Jeep: Grand Cherokee redesinged this year, Commander axed in favor of a more luxurious, economical Grand Wagoneer, Liberty redesinged, Wranger available with 4 doors for 2 years now, doing well. Compass is biggest seller.

Kia: respected much more

Lamborghini: V12 Muria available, W8 powered entry level coupe, Gallardo redesigned, Murcielago replaced with new model.

Land Rover: Freelander biggest seller, LR3 (Disco. everywhere else) refresh, RR Sport now available with deisel V8 and gas V6. RR still top dog, deisel V8.

Lexus: has its own uber-luxo brand (a la Mercedes=Maybach), hybrid LS still strong, GS redesign, IS refesh, V8 coupe replacing SC doing well, but not as well as imagined.

Lincoln: Finally has it's act together, cars with good looks and performance. Deisel V8's all around.

Lotus: new Elise, V8 coupe introduced here.

Maserati: Quattroprte redesigned (think CLS style), Coupe/Spyder single car w/ folding hardtop doing well, V6 offered. Kubang crossover.

Maybach: axed.

Mercedes: Eruo line sold here. Alabama built R/ML/GL classes still built here, but to Euro specs.

Mercury: struggling despite rather attractive cars, new Cougar based off the Messanger concept doing o.k. Mountaineer axed.

Mini: recently redesigned, doing very well.

Mitsubishi: struggling to stay afloat.

Nissan: Titan axed, all models redesigned, Z available with deisel V8

Pontiac: Brand depends on sucess of redesigned GTO, model does well, but GM ultimatly cuts its losses. Pontiac killed.

Porsche: Redesigned hybrid Cayenne offered amidst purist crys of "treason". Carerra GT replacement, 911 refreshed, Cayman S doing absolutly astonishingly well, Boxster cheapend due to Caymans success.

Rolls-Royce: Phantom becomes a slow seller, entry level sedan to compete Flying Spur. Coupe to comete with Continental GT/GTC.

Saab: redesinged range, 9-x in its last year of production, still doesnt have a hot item.

Saturn: very Euro, popular cars at good prices. becomes more profitable. Sky redesigned.

Scion: new sedan and wagon, full line redesinged.

Subaru: B9 tribeca axed, STI still going strong, crossover replaces B9.

Suzuki: same as Kia

Toyota: still #1 overall, no real change to line, redesigns and more economy is about it.

VW: phaeton taken out of Us market, sold only with deisel V8 and gas V6. passat refreshed, jetta redesigned, euro line sold here. Toureg replaced by smaller Marrekesh.

Volvo: still great saftly, more stylish cars, XC90 redesigned. XC50 crossover, all sedans and wagons either refreshed or redesigned.

So as you can see, America will be much more European car-wise. Most brands will sell their Euro cars here too. And many or most cars will be either deisel capable, ethynol capable, or hybrids. But The 3 most importand aspects will be:
Economy
Design/Brand
Performance

In that order. It looks bleak for some, great for others. I have yet to make up my mind. But only time will tell folks...

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:22 AM   #21
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

I agree with that a lot^^^
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 AM   #22
Lamboholic
AF Regular

I think in 5 years time the first electric le mans car will be introduced. It won't win at the first race, but it will be the start for the road cars to make the electric future realistic. Once the electric racecars devellop to a high level gas-power will no longer be a substitute.

Why? Well the future may be far away, but once you've seen this:

www.eliica.com

perhaps not that far...
Lamboholic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts