Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

Automotive Twins

There have been many cars throughout time which have looked similar but it is becoming increasingly apparent that its happening more and more offten these days.

Just take a look at these I can think of;

The New Audi A6 & Rover 75 V8

The Proton Impian and Chrysler Crossfire

The Honda FR-V and the New Mercedes A-Class

The Honda Accord and the 2005 Hyundai Sonata

And the Scion tC and the Volvo S40

Any others you can think of???
Old 02-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #2
mike5721947
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to mike5721947 Send a message via MSN to mike5721947
Re: Automotive Twins

no no no cross fire and mersades kompresser
same engine drivetrain crossfire even has made in germany on engine cover plate (plastic cover to make engine look better) and the battery on the crossfire isnt even made here (its a german battery company)
at least the one at the chrysler dealer i worked for did

its not easy to really see but they are on the same subframe and all the body lines line up together. only differences are reworked body panels and a few little things.

also hyundai steals alot of its cars from other companies. hyundai accent and civic of the same year parked next to each other when seen from behind its hard to tell which is which. (we own a accent and parked next to a civic of the same year and colour and we even had to look at it before picking our car out of the two. (only thing that told us which is which is the badges and plates.
dont forget about the mustang and capri, cavalier and sunfire, chevy and gmc trucks, and meny others

its like how hard is it to make us a new idea!!! stop copying other companies!!! we are soon going to have all these cars that are identical except for a badge and name!!!!
Now own a 1990 suzuki sidekick 3" lift, 235 A/T's winch bumper, and way to many km's.
also a beater hyundai pony from way back in 1985
mike5721947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
Twitch1
AF Enthusiast

This clone crap has been going on a long time. In Southern Cal. a trip on any freeway with produce a sea of clones. You're cruising 200 feet behind some cheapo jap econobox and aren't really sure what it is. Then you realize that it doesn't matter what it is. It's just a clone turd!

honda, toyota, datsun, oops, nissan =
1996 El Dorado Touring Coupe

There is no substitute for cubic inches
Twitch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:24 AM   #4
57JagXKSS
Banned

Nissan Primera and the new BMW 3 series

and the Kia Rio and the new BMW 5 series. I'll show pics of those two later.
57JagXKSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:56 AM   #5
Oscuro
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Oscuro
Re: Re: Automotive Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch1
This clone crap has been going on a long time. In Southern Cal. a trip on any freeway with produce a sea of clones. You're cruising 200 feet behind some cheapo jap econobox and aren't really sure what it is. Then you realize that it doesn't matter what it is. It's just a clone turd!

honda, toyota, datsun, oops, nissan
Errr....More like an American clone turd...
Lesse, first we can start off with GM, KING OF CLONES!
J-Body: Cavalier, Sunfire, Sunbird, Oldsmobile Something..
The Metro, The Firefly, The Sprint, The Swift generica no replaced by the: Aveo, Wave, and something from Suzuki.

Face it, American Car manufactures clone their cars more than any illegal backyard genetiscist does genes. And best of all....They are usually grade "A" pieces of steaming crap in any and all terms of driving dynamics. And Chevy REALLY needs to point a shotgun at the heads of their design staff for half of these generic, hideous piles of bloated lard that keeps coming out, Malibu, Monte-Carlo, those mini-vans. Seriously, I haven't seen uglier vehicles since the 80's.
Atleast FORD can bring back a name on a vehicle more worthy of its name, The Thunderbird is atleast still RWD and V8, the 500 looks decent enough, the GT is a ridiculously good Supercar, and the Mustang? Looks good, and even has the British impressed. For once. Hell, even their Generic cars have something to them, The Focus has a solidly sorted Front-drive chassis.
And lets not belabour the point that Ford seems to have Stylists who aren't going through some pre-teen crisis....
This, from someone who doesn't particularily LIKE Ford.

Hell, even my preferred American manufacturer is hitting and missing:
Hit: Magnum, SRT-4
Miss: Neon.

*coughs* I believe that's enough here.
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:46 PM   #6
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
I take it you are British. So, if you reply, don't give me any of that dry British wit... Haha, sorry. But the Dodge (or I think it is badged the Chrysler) Neon is being axed pretty soon. And the Dodge brand is giong to be oficially launched in Europe (the reason it isnt in Europe now is that theres a 18-wheeler truck company from France, or somthing). The Magnum is a great looking car. Does Europe have the Chysler 300C? I know they have (or had) a Touring version (wagon, not the trim level) of it that I heard was going to be sold in Europe, only as the Touring and not as a sedan. But yes, the SRT-4 DCX did right.

The Ford Five Hundred looks not too bad, granted, but is underpowered. The Thunderbird was sweet (my friend has one, along with a BMW X5, BMW M5 (prev. gen, not V10), Audi RS6 (sedan), and a BMW Z8). But it is now dead.

I must say, some american cars are reeeeaaaaal bad (ahem, chevy aveo, malibou max, dodge neon, ford focus, pontiac grand am, see where I'm going?),

And others are reeeaaaal cool (mustang, ford gt, chevy corvette, dodge viper, jeeps are all great, chrysler 300c, dodge magnum, saleen s7, and most big engined sedans and coupes).

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:03 AM   #7
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

2005 Citroen C4 VTS Coupe

and

1989 Honda EF9 CRX SiR

I'll get pics sometime soon

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars