Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 10:52 PM   #1
northwestrally
AF Newbie

A few questions as I'm shopping.....does the G20 have a timing belt or chain? Was there a change in this at some point from '91 to '96?

Also, are A/C problems common? I've driven a few lately that have lost their charge.( yes, I'm a whimp for wanting A/C to work)

These G20's are fun to drive! I went from a well-massaged VW GTI to a '98 Mazda Millenia S (nice car, but not for my needs). I figured a well-used G20 would be comfy, frugal and still allow me race competitively in SCCA RallyCross in production class (2wd, under 2 litres)

Your collective opinions are appreciated! -Don Swier
northwestrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 11:31 PM   #2
ales
Forza Schumacher

In the US the G20-s were sold only with 2 litre engines, so all of them have timing chains. And as it was the same engine thruout the production (SR20DE), there was no change in this.

I can't help you with the AC. I don't have it. And why would you want it anyway? It eats some valuable hp

CU

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 12:20 AM   #3
northwestrally
AF Newbie

Thanks for the help about the cam drive! Yes, the A/C robs power, adds weight & complexity, but all our 'murrican-bound Pre-mare-uhs, er, G20's, are fully kitted with this schtuff.

Over here in the land of the free and the home of the obese, we've gotten accustomed to having everything air-conditioned (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Harley-Davidsons came with A/C soon!)

A couple other questions:

a) Are performance struts/shocks available for the G20 in the USA? What brands?

b) Anyone know if G20's are prewired for driving lamps?

c) Someone locally has an 87,000 mile '95 Black G20 with 5speed, moonroof & cowhides for $ 8400.. is this a fair price in the Northwest? KellyBloooBook wholesale is $6100, retail is $9900.
northwestrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 10:34 AM   #4
ales
Forza Schumacher

Quote:
Originally posted by northwestrally
Thanks for the help about the cam drive! Yes, the A/C robs power, adds weight & complexity, but all our 'murrican-bound Pre-mare-uhs, er, G20's, are fully kitted with this schtuff.

Over here in the land of the free and the home of the obese, we've gotten accustomed to having everything air-conditioned (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Harley-Davidsons came with A/C soon!)
Yeah yah...

Quote:
A couple other questions:

a) Are performance struts/shocks available for the G20 in the USA? What brands?
Yes, there are. I researched the subjec, and www.shox.com listed GAB sports and KYB AGX (both adjustable, and pretty much the same, only the GABs are more expensive - like two times expensive). But try to find more competitive prices. Also there should be no proble getting KONIs, but they are available for the fronts only.

Quote:
b) Anyone know if G20's are prewired for driving lamps?
Hmm. I think they are pre-wired for fog laps (at least Yurpean-built). The spare harnesses should be visible once you pop the hood and look inside ... maybe not

Quote:
c) Someone locally has an 87,000 mile '95 Black G20 with 5speed, moonroof & cowhides for $ 8400.. is this a fair price in the Northwest? KellyBloooBook wholesale is $6100, retail is $9900.
Beats me

Now a very good resource for all sorts of information concerning cars with SR20DE engines can be found at www.sr20de.net Subscribe to the mailing list as well - a lot of useful stuff and some fun once in a while

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 05:32 PM   #5
hotani
AF Newbie

my A/C has never caused any problems. I would suggest snatching up that 5 speed for 9k or less. I wish mine had the 5 speed, this engine just is not meant to be mated with an auto

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General