Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
bugsbunny04
AF Newbie

04' GTO driveline

Ok, docs. My understanding is that the rear diff is a Dana 44, but I also read somewhere that it is a dana 80. All I want to know is, Can it handle:

#1 The LS1 w/special high torque cam the GTO comes with + up to 300hp nitrous shot, whatever is needed to hit the 10's?

#2 The LS1 above but with LS6 heads and Manifold + up to 300hp nitrous shot, whatever is required to hit the 10's?

#3 the engine in #2 without the nitrous but with however much boost from a supercharger will be required to hit the 10's?

Or do I have have do a diff swap? I really don't feel like swapping but I certainly don't feel like replaceing and I definately want to go mustang hunting

By the way, can the Tremec 6 speed handle all that too? I think it can but I would appreciate any input.
Detroit 3:16 says I just smoked your import!

Hey, those 24's and that chromed out grille look good... IN MY REAR VEIW MIRROR!

Yo hoss, did you say you got a new pioneer sound system? 3 10's, 6 sets of tweeters and 3000 watts? I got a new sound system too... 2 Flowmaster series 40 mufflers, some 3 inch pipe, a pair of hooker headers and 502 cubic inches
bugsbunny04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Stites
AF Newbie

Re: 04' GTO driveline

Wow, this is old. I hope you've been helped by now, but just in case... NO. You do NOT have a Dana 80 under your goat. If you did, it'd weigh well over 4000 lbs. As for what you DO have, I'm no expert - but what's already there should handle 10s. Just be careful on your launch. The only mod I've heard of on the T56 is swapping in Viper shift forks. Everything else is already stout. It's rated at 450 lb/ft input.

Dunno if you have the same clutch master cylinder as on the LS1 Camaro/Firebird/TA, but if you do, google "drill mod" for it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical