Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 12:10 AM   #1
pnavarro
AF Newbie

5 speed manual transmission problems

I'm the 2nd owner of a 99 Rodeo LS with a 5 speed manual tranny with 88K on the clock. My trans has been getting progressively noiser in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, fifth and reverse, strange as it is, I get no noise in 4th gear.
The noise started about 2 months ago, very slight at first but now it sounds like a cement mixer going down the road.

BTW sitting idle, engine on in neutral I get a similar noise, just a bit quiter, i get no noise with the clutch in.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

I assume the obvious answer would be the clutch and or pilot or throw out bearing, but I can't explain how 4th gear is quiet!

Thanks in advance for any help.
pnavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:32 PM   #2
geg
AF Newbie

Cool

Your problem is that your main input bearing is going south. I have found that the transmission shop is your best fix. Get a total bearing rebuild kit installed. I have done this job myself a couple of times and always run into problems pulling bearings from shafts. You want to get this fixed as quick as you can. The bearing junk running through the gears is not good for your unit.
geg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
dinanaylor
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to dinanaylor
question about your problem

OK, is the noise a whining, but loud? Mines been doing the same and someone said it may have been the throw out bearing, today my gears locked up, and No more drive! Same problem? Just mines totally broke now?
dinanaylor is offline   Reply With Quote