Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Colt
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 03:22 PM   #1
mirage91
AF Newbie

Question Question About 14'' Rims Fitting 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback....help!!!

I Have A 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback, And I Recently Bought 14'' Rims For It Without Realizing That The Car's Rim Size Was 13''...........im Pretty Sure The Width Will Fit, But I Really Hope The Tire Doesnt Hit The Wheelwell. If I Get New Tires, And Tell Them To Give Me The Smallest Possible Tire For That Rim, Do U Guys Think Itll Work??? Therefore Ill Have More Rim Diameter And Less Black Sidewalls.....man I Really Hope This Works, Cuz Im Not Bout To Jack It Up And Spend More Money.....tell Me What You Guys Think....thanks!!!!
mirage91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:24 AM   #2
PLATNUMBUG
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PLATNUMBUG
Wink Re: Question About 14'' Rims Fitting 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback....help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage91
I Have A 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback, And I Recently Bought 14'' Rims For It Without Realizing That The Car's Rim Size Was 13''...........im Pretty Sure The Width Will Fit, But I Really Hope The Tire Doesnt Hit The Wheelwell. If I Get New Tires, And Tell Them To Give Me The Smallest Possible Tire For That Rim, Do U Guys Think Itll Work??? Therefore Ill Have More Rim Diameter And Less Black Sidewalls.....man I Really Hope This Works, Cuz Im Not Bout To Jack It Up And Spend More Money.....tell Me What You Guys Think....thanks!!!!
You should be fine with 14's. The thing to do is measure the diameter of the tires on your 13's. When you buy new tires tell them you want 14 inch tires as close to that diameter as possible. Probably wouldnt hurt to have an alignment done to save those new tires!
PLATNUMBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
mr bishi
AF Regular

Re: Question About 14'' Rims Fitting 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback....help!!!

if your new wheels don't have the same offset as the old ones they can make your car handle worst as the weight is sitting on the part of the tyre
mr bishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
mitsubishicoltman
AF Newbie

Re: Question About 14'' Rims Fitting 1991 Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback....help!!!

they should fit easily i have 17 inch tsw stealths on mine with 195/45/17 tyres and these dont rub on the inside or outside and its lowered 40mm i used vauxhall fitment and cavalier offsets and i can take a car full with no scrapes
mitsubishicoltman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Colt