Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
roydub
AF Newbie

Car alarm wont stop and car wont start.. Please help

I bought my car (94 Maxima) pretty fast and didn't completely look it over.. The power locks sometimes lock when I get out of the car and the key doesn't work in any of the locks.

Last night I accidentally set off the alarm by unlocking the car door and opening it.. Now I cannot turn my car on.. This has happened once before and I don't know exactly what I did to reset it.. I unplugged the battery so it has been sitting all night but when I hook it back up the alarm starts going off again.

Is there a better way to reset an alarm other than unplugging the battery and praying?

Also, the drivers side door has those push buttons where you punch in a code and it unlocks.. is there any way to reset or figure out what the code is?

I will try calling the manufacturer, but will there be a problem because of the key not working in the door locks or trunk lock?

doing some reading online I read that there may be a valet switch that may reset it? can anyone tell me where the switch is?

and for future reference is there a way to disable the auto door locks so that the alarm will not activate? I bought the car for 300 dollars and have no use for the alarm, not to mention it would make me feel better knowing that I wont be locked out of my car.

I don't really have any money, I was injured in the military and am waiting on my disability claim go through..

Thank you in advance for your help
roydub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: Car alarm wont stop and car wont start.. Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydub View Post
I bought my car (94 Maxima) pretty fast and didn't completely look it over.. The power locks sometimes lock when I get out of the car and the key doesn't work in any of the locks....
Getting the code needs help from stealership: pray that you'll find a person interested in your problem, car is a nuisance to them cause it will not create much revenue... or DIY find factory manual, use the schema and bypass the inhibit circuit, (aftermarket alarm?).

Luckily your loss is only 300$, find smtg better if u cant rewire. And be happy; your future is not depending on claims - if your prayer&life goes to the Creator of this universum.

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
arslan33
AF Newbie

I really enjoy this theme you've got on in your web page. What is the name of the template by the way? I was thinking of using this style for the site .
arslan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #4
arslan33
AF Newbie

I really enjoy this theme you've got on in your web page. What is the name of the template by the way? I was thinking of using this style for the site .
arslan33 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35