Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
riceracer10
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to riceracer10
2001 i30 ignition coil prob

Hey guys.I have a 2001 infiniti i30.had it for 1 month now.last week i started it and it was running really rough.ran the code reader on it and i have a p1320 code present.it means ignition signal primary.i replaced 2 coils which were burned out andnow they are not firing.all other coils fire except cylinder 1 and 3.maybe the ecu needs to be changed? if you guys can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. its my only means of transportation.
riceracer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2001 i30 ignition coil prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceracer10 View Post
Hey guys.I have a 2001 infiniti i30.had it for 1 month now.last week i started it and it was running really rough.ran the code reader on it and i have a p1320 code present.it means ignition signal primary.i replaced 2 coils which were burned out andnow they are not firing.all other coils fire except cylinder 1 and 3.maybe the ecu needs to be changed? if you guys can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. its my only means of transportation.
As the P1320 code means that there is problem with the "Ignition Coil" or the wire to the ignition coil, swapping em will tell what it is.

Swap 1 with 2: if coil is bad, problem moves. If ctrl signal (ECU) or the coil ctrl wire/connector is bad, problem doesnt move...

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
riceracer10
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to riceracer10

I changed cylinder 1 coil with cylinder 2 and the one that wasnt firing is now firing.ive checked the wires with a tester and there is electric going to coil 1 and 3.its just not getting the signal to fire up.im starting to believe that the ecu has gone bad.suggestions?
riceracer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceracer10 View Post
I changed cylinder 1 coil with cylinder 2 and the one that wasnt firing is now firing. ... suggestions?
If problem moves with coilpack - then coilpack is suspect. When/If you have problems with ECU, Wiring, Oxidized connections, Charge Voltage AND coilpacks ... WELL then troubleshooting becomes 'interesting' like afgan mission. U will never know who shot u...

All starts from checking charge voltage, idling, at battery. Has to be around 14.2V ...
Next check the signal at ECU ... while u measure supply voltage there.
---> To be measured from ECU connectors ---> Gauge spikes both ECU +14V and ECU ground. See linky page 15 for reference.

70% chance is always the oxidized connectors, ground connectors ... read the linky pages to get the idea: theres also waitin some 2 thousand pins to be cleaned

If no signal while those are ok, ECU is suspect.

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35