Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > EVO
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 03:17 AM   #16
Hu_Dat?
AF Newbie

EVO is awsome

top reasons why EVO is simply the best mag out there

-pictures - you have to really search long and hard to find a picture that is even marginally bad. average picture takes up 1 to 2 of the huge 9" by 11" pages. There is also a great variety of photos; engine bay, cockpit, side, rear and front exterior (unlike most mags that have 10 different shots of the exterior).

-editors and writers know what there taking about - I would put them on level with Car & Driver type. they don't bullshit you by going on and on about how great a car for two pages. they let you know the faults are no mater how expensive it is. Additionally, all of there reviews are nice and long.

-choice of cars - I know it was the "super car" issue but com'on - where else are you going to find a Carrera GT, Enzo, Pagani Zonda C125, Koenigsegg CC8S, and Ford GT reviewed IN DETAIL all in the same mag

-ads - or lack of anyway. I counted the # of ads in the enzo nov issue: about 55 or so, which is extremely good considering that there is 195 pages in the mag and the majority (a good 20 of them) are in the last 25 pages of the mag

top reasons why EVO is simply the worst mag out there

-$8.25 It's a tad expensive if you ask me

-kind of a Funny name for a car mag [does it have something to do with the mitsu or something?]

-Sorry that's all I got
Hu_Dat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:25 AM   #17
crayzayjay
CFA

Re: EVO is awsome

i think evo's quite a cool name for a mag actually

what i really like about evo is that they know what to focus on when reviewing a car. CAR magazine will drive a Carrera GT (for example) and moan about the lack of luggage space... they often seem to miss the point of a car
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:28 AM   #18
AnsisK
AF Enthusiast

The name of the magazine is evo, for evolution. Nothing to do with any Mitsubishi, it is just using the same abreviation.

What I like about evo as well:

-as mentioned, they pick out the bad things... They tested cars such as the Invicta S1 and the Farboud GT, on both notes they didn't really say too much good about the car. They pointed out that the car is in a development stage, but they also suggested that it is in a more early stage than claimed. There are still a lot of bugs (and they mention them too).

-they don't base their car tests on anything except "evoness". They judge this by "the thrill of driving". Every car in this worl has a bit of evoness in it, some more than others. The editors and writiers are seeking out the purest car, with the most "thrill of driving". I love that, they don't judge on statistics... I hate that.

Evo - The BEST automotive magazine avaliable.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:09 PM   #19
GKR
AF Newbie

Re: Anyone else read this mag?

Absolutely: evo is the best out there. And yes when the say something about a car it can be taken as said. The editors JB and RM are very good drivers (and writers too).

Side Note: Does anyone know a website or can someone post the ECOTY articles from 98 and 99?
I've been searching desperately for a link or something (those articles have got to be on the web somewhere) I'm just not very good at using the internet.

Can anyone help please?
GKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 03:33 AM   #20
crayzayjay
CFA

Re: Re: Anyone else read this mag?

I have ecoty 99 but not 98. Old evo mags are often available on ebay for very reasonable money
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:33 AM   #21
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Ummm......Put me down as a regular reader of Evo, I should probably subscribe, but the bookshop is closer than the post office

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #22
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsisK
No Corvettes? Well look around in England for a Corvette. There is no market for them.
Obviously, your post was in 2003, but the new Corvette C6 has been selling a lot better than the C5 and the new Z06 will be sold there too.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #23
GreyGoose006
AF Enthusiast

evo is the best mag ever.
its just so well written.
just too expensive.
GreyGoose006 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > EVO