Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Car and Driver
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 10:51 AM   #31
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Car and Driver Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaster
I like autoweek cause they have more up to date info cause they come out once a week.

they do? i got 2 get it then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
RedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #32
pac4life
AF Regular

Car and Driver does not suck. They may have a different opinion but there are millions of people out there that will disagree with you. Car and Driver is probably the best magazine out there and i will argue this for as long as i need to.

- pac4life -
-R.I.P Tupac Shakur-
pac4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #33
i-is-in-da-house
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to i-is-in-da-house

Car and driver is probably the best, but eurotuner is close behind

-My Scale Projects-

-My Drawing Projects-
i-is-in-da-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #34
meyeste
AF Newbie

I agree car and driver does suck, they simply aren't professional. In any given comparison test they'll have at least one vehicle that has a signficantly different options package than the others. Be it one will have a premium the rest will have minimum, occasionally it'll even put base engine cars against top of the line engine cars. Sure there might be a blurb about it in the article - but this simply shouldn't occur.
Take the recent Ford Fusion, Mazda 6, Honda Accord comparison. The Honda was a premium, the Mazda and Ford were base - which the article was supposed to be about. The Honda won the comparison because it had "better interior models and better acceleration" both of which were attributable to the SEL package vs. the LX - how can a professional magazine actually publish that article?
Now first of all I don't believe for a second a base Honda Accord couldn't be found. However if they were truly professional they'd have dropped the Honda from the comparison. Many readers pointed this out in the comments section - and guess what happened, the comments section was removed from the article.
I'm not going to be simple and let it go with well they tried, without a doubt C&D is pandering to one of their biggest advertisers - Honda. I've had a Honda since 1985 and am very happy with it. However I have driven the Honda Accord LX, and personnally while it's a good car, it certianly wouldn't rate as well as the top of the line 4 cycl accord.
meyeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #35
thukhoa
AF Newbie

These monkeys in Ann Arbor are really cheap too. They're insulting IT people by posting the below recent hiring ad:

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/web/1366183040.html

CARandDRIVER.com is Looking for Producer/Blogger (Ann Arbor)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-09-09, 3:33PM EDT
Reply to: job-y4pez-1366183040@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CARandDRIVER.com is looking for highly motivated and detail-oriented automotive enthusiasts to help with article production and blogging for its Website.
We are looking for individuals that can work a 16-20 hours per week. Please send resume, availability, writing sample, and a cover letter stating why you think you would be a good addition to the team.
If you're looking to get your foot in the door for journalism at the largest automotive-enthusiast-publication-in-the-world this is the place to start.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Image Sizing and illustration creation: Size images in different pixel dimensions of varying aspect ratios for use in online articles and photo galleries using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and creating illustrations for feature and news analysis content.
2. Reader Emails: Check reader emails for amateur spy photo submissions and tips.
3. Article Production: Produce print magazine and online-exclusive articles using our CMS (Content Management System--our online production system).
4. Writing blog content to cover news and auto show related content.
5. Occasional (5% of total time) fueling, washing, and vacuuming of test vehicles.
6. Photography: Shooting static and action wide-angle and detail shots of test vehicles.
7. Updating social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
8. Maintaining various Excel spreadsheets for tracking of content creation and other administrative purposes.
9. Compiling a daily summary of industry news by monitoring competitors and industry websites.
Requirements:
1. You MUST be an automotive enthusiast.
2. Be a self-motivator and a team player.
3. Be automotive year, make, and model aware and able to identify the differences between trims of all makes and models in photography.
4. HTML/CSS knowledge a plus.
5. MS Office knowledge a MUST.
6. Possess extremely high attention-to-detail.

Compensation: $10/hour.
This is a part-time job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1366183040
thukhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #36
Car And Driver ROX
AF Newbie

Re: Car and Driver Rocks

Evo magazine is horrible. Carman is a gaylord. EVO SUCKS!!!!!! Car And Driver ROCKS!!!!
Car And Driver ROX is offline   Reply With Quote