Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
jay8454
AF Newbie

97 Sierra HeadLights yes w/DTR PBrake Released, Switch to ON, Headlights turn OFF!

97 Sierra HeadLights yes w/DTR PBrake Released, Switch to ON, Headlights turn OFF!

To give more information on the problem...
Release the Parking Brake and the Day Time Running lights turn the Headlights ON.

Turn the HeadLight switch to ON the Headlights turn OFF.

Things I have tried:
Check continuity of all fuses on the side of the dash and under the hood.
Tested Headlight Relay under the dash and bought a new relay and installed it.
Jumped up and down while patting head 4 times.

Not sure what the problem is?
Could the Day Time RunningLights not let the power through?
jay8454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:51 PM   #2
jay8454
AF Newbie

Smile Re: 97 Sierra HeadLights yes w/DTR PBrake Released, Switch to ON, Headlights turn OFF!

I spent a long time on this problem but finally have fixed it. It was the dimmer switch I changed a year ago. This part is also a turn, cruise, and wiper. $185 part it sucks buying defective parts but it happens. Thanks for any helpful suggestions they were greatly appreciated LoL. EDIT: Changed the emoji to give the right impression.

Last edited by jay8454; 06-19-2021 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:02 PM   #3
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 97 Sierra HeadLights yes w/DTR PBrake Released, Switch to ON, Headlights turn OFF!

Do we detect a slight hint of sarcasm in there?

Sorry your thread didn't get a lot of traffic, but my presumption is that any guesses would have been things you already tried. And who would have (reasonably) guessed that your new switch was bad. The muti-failure switch is already a "no fun" project, but it's even worse when your "new" one fails again in short order.

At least you beat it.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #4
jay8454
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Sierra HeadLights yes w/DTR PBrake Released, Switch to ON, Headlights turn OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bowtie View Post
Do we detect a slight hint of sarcasm in there?

Sorry your thread didn't get a lot of traffic, but my presumption is that any guesses would have been things you already tried. And who would have (reasonably) guessed that your new switch was bad. The muti-failure switch is already a "no fun" project, but it's even worse when your "new" one fails again in short order.

At least you beat it.
No sarcasum at all, I just copy pasta from another forum to save a little time. But I see where one could get that assumption the "sunglass side face" that was because of the irony of how much time and testing and wire diagrams I went through cause I am not an experienced mechanic just a back yard bumble F#%k (this is how I see myself AvE style). I came back to list the problem because I felt this is how forums help one another. Figured listing my problem and the end solution would help others. Text will never convey how one truly feels. I just resently bought a brand new fuel pump for the same vehicle replacing the 10-year-old failed Bosch one and the brand new one was a dud! I opted for the AC Delco $200. Your right no one can predict this stuff but listing it will help others and bring them back on top that's what forums are for.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra