Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Send a message via AIM to XeVeNskyLiNE
Ever felt like she's out of your league?

I've been meaning to post this for a few days, but the holidays have given me temporary A.D.D.

I'm sure a bunch of you guys have had girls in your life that you liked, but felt like she was a bit out of your league, correct? I've kind of got this going on with me right now. I've got a date with this GORGEOUS girl the weekend after New Year's, now it's not so much that I feel like she's out of my league, its just I'm wanting this one so bad, its really important to me that I make a good first impression. I guess you could say I'm a bit intimidated and nervous, but being the confident guy I am, I'm really anxious about it too. The kind of vibe I'm getting from her is that she likes me, but it doesn't seem she likes me enough to get more serious yet, keyword being yet. I plan on taking her out to Galveston Beach (only decent beach close to me here in Texas), where, weather permitting, I plan on just enjoying some Ben & Jerry's ice cream while chillin on the big storm wall they have out there and just enjoying the waves and talking (sunny beach + ice cream = ). Then we're gonna go do some putt-putt afterwards, got some evil plans for that one, lol. ANYWAYSSSSSSS, its not so much I'm asking for advice, because like I stated, I feel very confident about myself, but I was just wondering what kind of experience you guys have had with this kind of thing

Currently in Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona MySpace My S14 and DSM
XeVeNskyLiNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
pickle
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pickle Send a message via MSN to pickle
Re: Ever felt like she's out of your league?

Well, I'm not a guy but my guy I've just started seeing, I feel like he's way out of my league. he's just so super hot, we're really similar in personalities. My first impression must've been great, the first thing i said was "where's my drink?" and he's still around.

blindside.AMG: i just turned on my HIGH VELOCITY AIR CIRCULATOR on
blindside.AMG: fancy huh
pickle: does it have a big name to compensate for your small penis?
blindside.AMG: you know it baby
blindside.AMG: but in all seriousness
blindside.AMG: the Benz is to compensate for my small penis

Ssom: I am a very sexy man and should be making some caramel coloured babies with white women

pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #3
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

I'm told that there is no such thing as someone being "out of your league"; you just need to say the right things to him/her. But at 23 dated one whore in my entire life i probably shouldn't be posting.
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #4
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

The first time I met my lady that I'm "with" now, I thought she was way out of my league... and she probably is. But had it not been for our mutual friends I probably never would have ended up talking to her. Like you said confidence is key. Once the conversation/flirtation was started I was in my element and whatever bit of charm I posess won her over. That was 4 years ago and despite many many roadblocks and often a few states distance, I've managed to hold on to her.

Score for the underdogs

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Yessir, I've got some little hidden "charm" tricks that I thought up just for her. For instance, I called her on Xmas, and after some small talk I asked her if she opened her presents yet. She told didn't have any presents, her parents just gave her money basically and that was it. I felt kinda bad for her, nothing to open on Xmas has gotta suck. So I bought her a Simpson's Season 5 DVD that I'm gonna wrap up and put in my glovebox, then once I pick her up, I'll ask if she can get something out of my glovebox, all non-chalant like and viola! Brownie points.

Like I said though, I'm just extremely anxious to get it goin, I just pray to god the weather won't suck ass and rain the whole time, but even if it does, I know I can figure out some ways to make that a fun experience too.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:28 AM   #6
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

Sounds like a good plan to me. Not too flashy/expensive, good "awww" factor, shows creativity. Golden... as long as she likes the Simpsons Gotta love a hot girl that likes the shows you like. My lady hates Aqua Teen, but has declared herself a Bears fan which is so extremely sexy to me.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:06 AM   #7
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

I'm somewhat sure she likes the Simpsons, it was on her myspace, haha. She's into the Cowboys a bit too, but I couldn't care less sense them fools are probally gonna be one and done in the playoffs.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 AM   #8
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

everybody likes the simpsons.
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:03 AM   #9
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

Be yourself, seriously, as gay as that sounded;
If you don't act like you really are, then the relationship won't last even a day (well maybe, but just one);
Don't be up, all over her... women don't like that;
On the date, ask her what is she interested in, hobbies perhaps, this will allow you to find a topic that both of you will enjoy.
Do not talk about your car, unless she likes cars, maybe make some jokes about it, but don't go all technical and shit.
Drive smoothly! Don't be driving like an idiot, that is the last thing you want to do on a date. Don't take her to a super romantic place either before you get to know her, she might not like it (ex. my girl).

This is all from personal experience, do the following things at your own risk. I just found out the hard way that all of these a true.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:20 PM   #10
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Thanks for the advice Pablo, so far I've done a good job in past dates on not doing any of that stuff, although I have gotten requests to haul ass on the highway. Some chicks dig that.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #11
00accord44
High on Potenuse

my girl hauls ass on the highway

but she also gets a kick out of speeding in heavy rain because she has an suv... but its a rav-4. Thats when she scares me

Old 12-29-2006, 12:30 AM   #12
poormillionaire2
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeVeNskyLiNE
I've been meaning to post this for a few days, but the holidays have given me temporary A.D.D.

I'm sure a bunch of you guys have had girls in your life that you liked, but felt like she was a bit out of your league, correct? I've kind of got this going on with me right now. I've got a date with this GORGEOUS girl the weekend after New Year's, now it's not so much that I feel like she's out of my league, its just I'm wanting this one so bad, its really important to me that I make a good first impression. I guess you could say I'm a bit intimidated and nervous, but being the confident guy I am, I'm really anxious about it too. The kind of vibe I'm getting from her is that she likes me, but it doesn't seem she likes me enough to get more serious yet, keyword being yet. I plan on taking her out to Galveston Beach (only decent beach close to me here in Texas), where, weather permitting, I plan on just enjoying some Ben & Jerry's ice cream while chillin on the big storm wall they have out there and just enjoying the waves and talking (sunny beach + ice cream = ). Then we're gonna go do some putt-putt afterwards, got some evil plans for that one, lol. ANYWAYSSSSSSS, its not so much I'm asking for advice, because like I stated, I feel very confident about myself, but I was just wondering what kind of experience you guys have had with this kind of thing
It sounds like you're just putting too much pressure on yourself. Like someone mentioned earlier, just be yourself and don't worry about it. She may be hot, but there are other fish in the sea. And don't get too anxious or you'll overthink everything and get ahead of yourself.

Current Car
2003 Monte Carlo SS

Sold
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500R
poormillionaire2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #13
ghostrx7
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ghostrx7 Send a message via Yahoo to ghostrx7

try not to seem needy also, ive noticed girls like a guy thats independant. a few hints that you like her is good, but too much affection on a first date could send her flying home in the rain on the highway in a rav 4.....lol
atkins streetported 3mm seal engine, act clutch, lightweight flywheel, downpipe, straightpipe, greddy power extreme exhaust, hks ssqv blow off valve, short shifter, tein flex suspension, energy bushings, bonez intake, new brakes, rotors, toyo tires, mazdaspeed replica seats
ghostrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #14
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrx7
but too much affection on a first date could send her flying home in the rain on the highway in a rav 4.....lol

Yup I definitely know better than smothering a girl. I usually just try to keep the level of affection at the the same level she's showing me. Or in some cases I'll up the flirtation, but not to where its too much. Its susposed to rain on the day of our date and I'm trying to figure out what we could do. Any suggestions?

Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #15
ghostrx7
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ghostrx7 Send a message via Yahoo to ghostrx7

sounds gay, but bowling could be fun...
atkins streetported 3mm seal engine, act clutch, lightweight flywheel, downpipe, straightpipe, greddy power extreme exhaust, hks ssqv blow off valve, short shifter, tein flex suspension, energy bushings, bonez intake, new brakes, rotors, toyo tires, mazdaspeed replica seats
ghostrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic