Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
me.bani
AF Newbie

Whether car frame was damaged in an accident when it was hit on the rear bumper?

Someone hit my 2004 Nissan Sentra from the back on the left side of the rear bumper. The impact was so strong that it broke the bumper corner, left it hanging and also raised some metal on the left side inside the cars trunk.

Do you think the car frame has been damaged (that raised metal portion in the trunk makes me think)?? If it has, then, what would be the cost to repair it? The things that I clearly see damaged and gone are: Rear bumper, left tail-lights and the left portion inside the cars trunk.

I got this car second hand for about 7000 bucks and am thinking if the total repair cost would exceed 4000 bucks. In that case, I guess this car could be totaled by my insurance company??

Sharing some pics for better understanding:

http://picasaweb.google.com/me.bani0...36761133675010
me.bani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
jacobbesanceney
AF Newbie

Re: Whether car frame was damaged in an accident when it was hit on the rear bumper?

You're lucky it's all hidden by the bumper if you were to put it back on. Being as there really isn't much to a frame on these cars in the rear, you are in good shape. Take a hammer and beat it back out, take some vice grips and try to straighten out that metal as much as you can. To help you can finish taking off the bumper and compare sides. Get a new taillight and bumper cover and you're in good shape. Be sure to spray black over any areas that will get paint chipped off of them so that it will not rust. Worked in a body shop for 3 years.
jacobbesanceney is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
damage , frame , nissan , sentra , totaled
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)