Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Acadia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
JObert
AF Newbie

2008 Acadia Radio Nav system

The Nav system stopped operating correctly. Radio works part of the time. Sometimes get the message "Disk check in progress" With out a disk in the DVD/CD slot. If I put a CD in the slot, it will sometimes play the CD OK, but the unit will not respond to any of the hard buttons on the unit. If I remove the CD it will sometimes show the screen again and the radio will work. The hard buttons will not respond, and the touch buttons will not respond either. I have tried the procedure to open the radio and insert a map disk, but cannot get it to open. Can I take the unit physically out of the vehicle and access the Map DVD slot? HELP!
JObert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #2
JObert
AF Newbie

Re: 2008 Acadia Radio Nav system

Took the unit out of the Acadia, and partially disassembled it, but still could not get the map CD out of the internal disc player. I believe the problem is/was the internal disc player had stopped rotating. Bad motor etc.

Ordered an after market Radio/Nav/cd/dvd unit from the internet that was supposed to be plug and play, and after sometime looking at it and the limited instructions that came with the unit, I plugged it in with the massive cable assembly that came with it. It works sort of. I had to order an adapter for the GPS antenna connection to connect the GM connector to the SMA connector on the new unit. The unit did not have the OnStar, or Sirius/XM which I understood when ordered. The Radio works, the DVD/CD works, the Nav works great, a better map than in the old GM unit. The backup camera does not have a connection to the on board backup camera in the Acadia, and I don't think the connection for power to the unit when the car key is turned off is connected. The after market unit is a Maxtrons.

Can anyone point me to the connection for the on board rear view camera? I will make up an adapter to connect it to the new unit

Also where can I find the constant power to apply to the new unit when the car key is turned off?
HELP!
Old 08-26-2020, 10:09 PM   #3
JObert
AF Newbie

Re: 2008 Acadia Radio Nav system

Spent many hours looking thru the service manual today. Can not find any mention of the back up camera any where in the manual pages I looked at. Any Help Out There?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Acadia