Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:45 PM   #1
salem1oliver
AF Regular

car under 7500

I am currently looking to get a new car and have about 7500 to spend. I want to get something sporty and fast. I been looking for a 300zx 2+2 but having a hard time finding one with a decent number of miles and at the price I want. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
salem1oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:32 PM   #2
jncodave
AF Enthusiast

Re: car under 7500

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem1oliver
I am currently looking to get a new car and have about 7500 to spend. I want to get something sporty and fast. I been looking for a 300zx 2+2 but having a hard time finding one with a decent number of miles and at the price I want. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

300zx's are good looking and reasonably fast if you get a turbo model. The problem is, you are never going to find a turbo or even a n/a one in good shape for $7,500. If i were you, i would go with a domestic V8, like a Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, etc. They are sporty, Faster than a 300zx, and a lot cheaper too.
jncodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
salem1oliver
AF Regular

thanks

thanks for the feedback. I think I would prefer to have a foriegn car though. Maybe something from early to mid 90's. Also does anybody know how reliable a nissan 300zx with 100,000+ miles is?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:16 PM   #4
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

I don't know for sure about the 300ZX but I have a few friends that drive Nissans and they're over 150k miles and running strong.
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:51 PM   #5
jncodave
AF Enthusiast

Yeah they are definately reliable like all japanese cars but they are gonna cost a pretty penny even with 150,000 miles. You could go with a 240 sx, they aren't as fast but they are cheaper and they have a huge aftermarket so you could mod them with the money you save.
jncodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:53 PM   #6
salem1oliver
AF Regular

thanks for the info. Does anyone have any opinions on the Lexus SC400, I have seen a few in my area with a little over 100,000 miles for around 6k-8k.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A