Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 12:33 PM   #16
lotus_man
AF Enthusiast

Unhappy

TYpical! I spend ages raving about my Aztec and it packs up! Still, I replaced it with one of the same model... I still rate them over Badgers. Might try an Iwata later this year tho, any one know what the sales/support is like in the UK?

lotus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:20 PM   #17
DJSurfer616
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DJSurfer616
Thumbs up

tamiya products never dissapointed me, so i go for tamiya. -tamiyafans
DJSurfer616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:46 AM   #18
Bobj
AF Enthusiast

Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

buy the azteck a320 its cheap and works very well.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #19
shieldwulf
AF Regular

Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

"BB Rich" is the OEM manufacturer of many quality Japanese airbrushes, that includes Tamiya, Olympic and Mr Hobby (Gunze Sangyo) series of airbrushes.

"BB Rich" itself is hardly known but I managed to get a 0.3mm nozzle airbrush from this company and it is as good as most (if not better) branded airbrushes of this spec., at SGD$130, which is about USD$77.

I have another airbrush which is Tamiya's 0.2mm precision airbrush. Anyway, if you take a good reading at its instruction sheet, it says made by BB Rich Japan.

Buying a good airbrush is not the end of the story. It doesn't make much sense if you will have a hard time getting servicing or spare parts from your local hobby dealer.

As for me, I have the habit of stocking up on spare airbrush needles, just in case.

In my personal opinion, I will always prefer a full metal airbrush than one that is a combination of metal and resin parts. I think Badger airbrushes are pretty decent. As for Aztek's, I just don't fancy some of the parts like the trigger being not metal(?). Btw, Aztek airbrushes are not cheap man!

Curious! I'd like to know if Aztek airbrushes are good and easy to maintain?
shieldwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:33 AM   #20
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImolaEK
Re: Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Yea i just saw another Aztek the other day at the hobby store. It came with 6 different nozzles or w/e that means but it was 110 DoLLARS!! too much for me. I will just get the Badger one first, that would be like in June since...Me=Broke. But i think i can manage getting 40 bucks from now to June. The Aztek one that i saw was http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=50 < that one. what do you guys think of that one.
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
ImolaEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:24 AM   #21
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Well im bringing up an old thread, but its because i have some new questions that go well with this thread. Ok, i found this store of ART real close to my house called PEARL that sells airbrush's and i see the Iwata's are real good but they dont have the Revolution CR, i want this Airbrush for ART and for Models. Here is the links which do you recommend for both ART and Models.http://www.PearlPaint.com/pearl/iwata.html
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 09-22-2004, 12:55 PM   #22
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric

I have an Aztek a370 and a Badger Anthem.

Astek don't even come close to the quality of Badger. So I go with Tamiya (which are made by Iwata and known to be the best)
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:19 PM   #23
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

I have two Paasches and one Aztek A470. I wouldn't slap a dead dog in the ass with the Aztek.

Seriously, the Paasche is near bulletproof and will take ten tons of abuse. It sprays well, and is very solid and robust. The Iwata/Tamiya's may have it beat for fine detailing, but I'll gladly trade precise and finicky for even and beefy.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:19 AM   #24
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
... I wouldn't slap a dead dog in the ass with the Aztek...

Most of the other brand are better than Aztek/Testor. Paasche, Badger, Devilbiss (sorry, can't find them anymore... was not bad though), Thayer&Chandler, Iwata, Tamiya... Sincerely, a friend who happened to have a hobbyshop want me to have one Aztek (a430) so I can test it and tell the people what a good airbrush it is... well, now it's collecting dust ! Don't get me wrong here, it's spraying paint and that's what an Airbrush should do and maybe the Aztek is nice enough for you. If so, don't try anything else or you'll end up like most of us...

That should shake things up for Aztek representant in this forum. ...sorry ! I have to say it's pretty rough but it's my
Martbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #25
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Well i heard that the Iwata HP-BC2 or something like that was really good for drawing/details which is basically what i want. I want an airbrush that could draw lines really thin and reach small places which you can't do with spray paint. I visited Dixie Art.com and saw their selection and prices, they seems real good with prices and better yet their offer of free shipping in the US. Do you guys recommend this website?http://www.dixieart.com/IwataHB_C_BC1_BC2.html
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 09-23-2004, 11:17 AM   #26
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB26DETT-GTR
Well i heard that the Iwata HP-BC2 or something like that was really good for drawing/details which is basically what i want. I want an airbrush that could draw lines really thin and reach small places which you can't do with spray paint. I visited Dixie Art.com and saw their selection and prices, they seems real good with prices and better yet their offer of free shipping in the US. Do you guys recommend this website?http://www.dixieart.com/IwataHB_C_BC1_BC2.html
Absolutely ! A bit long in the UPS delivery but I recommended it.
Martbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:28 AM   #27
malsheem
20 inches and growing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB26DETT-GTR
DixieArt is a good place. I ordered my SmartJet compressor from them. Good price. Fast shipping (for me, since New Orleans is close to Houston)

CWest R34 Skyline GT-R
malsheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:33 PM   #28
quyeno
AF Newbie

I got an aztek a7778 and i really can't see why some say its not that good. It sprays really even, have a really good nozzle range, cheaps replacement parts if need be, easy to manage and also a lifetime warranty on the airbrush.
quyeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 03:35 PM   #29
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric

aztek simply "feel" like a toy... (even those with bronco-mega-giga pack that come with hundreds of nozzle that do the same thing as a good one from iwata or badger) Sorry I hate them
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:22 PM   #30
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Well guys i bought my first airbrush! Its an Aztek A370 kit. I know i know Aztek is not the best but i want to mess up with the worst than mess up my best. The kit was just 40 dollars and came with a ton of paints that are already thinned. I dislike testors a bit also but this was something that was easy to buy and seems cool to start with.

I will problably go to Pearl Paint tomorrow and see more Airbrush's.

Thanks for all the comments and recommendations,
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham