Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Legacy / Liberty / Baja
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #1
sethuofo
AF Newbie

Angry Can someone help me out?

Hey everyone, I had something strange happen with my car today and I can't really tell what it is, it seems electrical but here are her symptoms. She was driving fine but then i noticed that my CD player turned on and off like 5 times, and my AT OIL TEMP light was on, then i notice that my car is running yet the tach says I am running at 0 RPMs which can be right, then i noticed a lack in responce, and when i got it home and tried to restart, it wouldnt anyone seen this before? I need to have it fixed before TOM PETTY on the 2nd!!!!
sethuofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
Will2
AF Enthusiast

Re: Can someone help me out?

Wouldn't restart meaning it won't turn over or it turns over but won't start?
Will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 04:57 AM   #3
Will2
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Can someone help me out?

I guess I should have also asked if you noticed what your temp gauge read. Because it sure sounds like broken fan belt to me. I would just hope you didn't drive it long enough to over heat the engine to much. If you did you've got the potential of some real,big time problems.
Will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
fossilemt
AF Newbie

Exclamation

i hav the same problem with my 91 turbo...after it heats up nice it runs ok but before that when i take off to get up to speed the engin stall and the cd player starts flickering on and off and then my tach will slowly start to drop till i come to a complete stop then it will just die. When i try turning it back on it kicks over and eventually starts but soons dies. yet after i wait a bit it turns on fine and i just need to rev the engine up a bit and then its ready to go. Not to sure what the problem is cant seem to find it nor fix it.
fossilemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:52 AM   #5
gbrand
AF Newbie

Start by checking alternator, battery and connections to each. Many aouto parts stores will test alts and batteries for free, and a voltmeter test can tell yo quite a bit also. i have had two subarus where the alternator brushes have worn down to the limit, and would cause all kindsof wierd ssyptoms including the car dying.

Let us know how you do on this
gbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #6
propel
AF Newbie

could be fuel pump

I've had a car that would do somewhat what you are describing. Mine ended up to be a faulty fuel pump. On a hot day, after driving about 30-45 minutes, the car would basically stall and if you press the gas pedal it wouldn't go anywhere. Once dead, it would restart almost right away, but usually would do the same thing over again soon.
propel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Legacy / Liberty / Baja