Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
Henryf
AF Newbie

Cel Code PO 733

The engine light on my 1996, Infiniti J30 came on recently. I had the system checked and code PO 733 was the only code found. The engine and transmission does not seem to be the problem - fluid level in the transmission is ok and both are operating properly. Several months before the engine light came on the tachometer stopped working and currently it is not working. Any suggestions regarding possible reasons for the code and what I can do to correct the problem? What causes a code PO733?
Henryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
sahtt57
AF Newbie

Re: Cel Code PO 733

The code PO733 references the transmission is having problems selecting gears correctly. It can indicate that the down shifts when coming to a stop such as 3>2>1 didn't occur at the time the tcu thought was appropriate.

Replacing the ATF and or a the clogged filter are really the only things you can do based on the information you've provided me. PO733 infiniti J30 can help you as you find out more. I'd have both procedures asap, we are talking a 3,000$ unit for all intents and purposes.
sahtt57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
swimshark
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to swimshark Send a message via MSN to swimshark
Re: Cel Code PO 733

$3000 to do what? id just go over the basics, check/change fluids, electrical, fuses, tcu. save money that way. no use in spoending $3k to fix a tranny when u can buy one for under $500 and install urself pretty easily (that is if it is the problem). tcu are pretty easy to come buy also. could get one for under $100.

My Car! Check it out.
swimshark is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria