Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
littlewillie
AF Newbie

95 J30 Spark Plug Location ??

Can someone that has changed the spark plugs on their J30 or that knows the location for them, let me know where they are located? I spent about 15 minutes this evening looking for them all around the top of the engine. I didn't see anything that looked like a {normal} plug wire, anywhere. Didn't feel like climbing underneath to take a look. Are they hard to change? I'll take any information that will make changing them easier.

Thanks,
Willie
littlewillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #2
littlewillie
AF Newbie

I found the plugs. For those that might be interested in this maintenance information, here it is. The plugs are located on the top of the engine. You will not be able to see them. Facing the engine, 3 are on the left & 3 are on the right side, front to rear. Each plug has a wire connector connected to what I assume is a coil. The coil has a shaft & boot that is about 6” long. Once the coil is removed, you can look down the sleeve & see the plug. They are very easy to change.

1) Unplug the coil wire connector. If you work it right, you can use a slotted screwdriver to press the wire connector release & at the same time pry the wire connector loose.
2) Remove the 2 bolts that hold the coil.
3) Remove the coil. It is held onto the spark plug by a rubber boot, so there will be some resistance. You will have to work the coil free from the intake manifold.
4) Remove the plug.

A 12” - 18” ratchet extension will make removing & installing the plugs easier. The ratchet extension & a swivel will make removing & installing the 2 rear plugs easier.

Now, those of you that spend a lot of time on this forum B/Sing about “Look At My Car” this will be a 2-day job. Day 1 - remove plugs. Day 2 - put plugs back in. Then you can spend the next whole year braggin about being a mocanic. You guys spend a lot of time taking pictures of the exterior & interior of your J30. Then You Post Them Here. Don’t you idiots get it “ They All Look The Same!!

Willie
littlewillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

Re: 95 J30 Spark Plug Location ??

had i checked the forums earlier, i'd had responded.... the J30 has ignition coils not wires (which are hella expensive) and are a bit difficult to spot on the vg30de engine, but you found them ok.... if you have a question and you don't get a response, feel free to msg me on aim... if i'm here i'll be glad to help you out.

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #4
Speedy_1234
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Speedy_1234 Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy_1234

No but it how you trick out you ride that counts I know they are the same but it the way you make it look
Old 10-23-2005, 08:38 PM   #5
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 95 J30 Spark Plug Location ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy_1234
No but it how you trick out you ride that counts I know they are the same but it the way you make it look
and i have no idea what you just said.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
Speedy_1234
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Speedy_1234 Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy_1234

What I was trying to say is I know all the j-30 are the same but what counts it when you put more stuff in it like rims, tires, soundsystems, etc do you get me now?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 95 J30 Spark Plug Location ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy_1234
What I was trying to say is I know all the j-30 are the same but what counts it when you put more stuff in it like rims, tires, soundsystems, etc do you get me now?
i see where u are going with that. basically though, any car is the "same" but the J30 is special because it stuck true to one body style during it's 4 years, and it has a look all it's own. I've got a subwoofer and rotors but basically it's stock looking, which was what i was looking for.. the stock spoiler is nice too and i appreciate it going with the styling of the car.

rims, well that's another story for another day...

Old 12-30-2005, 12:04 AM   #8
sparkeykev
AF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to sparkeykev

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewillie
Can someone that has changed the spark plugs on their J30 or that knows the location for them, let me know where they are located? I spent about 15 minutes this evening looking for them all around the top of the engine. I didn't see anything that looked like a {normal} plug wire, anywhere. Didn't feel like climbing underneath to take a look. Are they hard to change? I'll take any information that will make changing them easier.

Thanks,
Willie
There are 3 coils mounted on top of rocker cover at front and 3 at rear
they may be under a plastic cover too
they are not too hard to replace
sparkeykev is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria