Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > AF News
AF News Find out what's happening here at AutomotiveForums.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 07:33 PM   #151
Mr. PacMan
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make North American Road Racing Series Debut in SPEED GT

All the Dromo boys were rooting for the AF team....we'll see ya in long beach!
Mr. PacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #152
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Re: Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make North American Road Racing Series Debut in SPEED GT

Photos from Sebring are available:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/me...llengeGTDebut/
Old 03-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #153
vinnym86
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vinnym86

Those are some really hot pics. You guys on the AF team are doing great so far, we're still cheering!
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand to rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
vinnym86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #154
ivanko.com
AF Newbie

Victor,

You mentioned our logo was placed on the race car for the Sebring race.

I didn't see it on any of the photos you posted.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Adam Auerbach
www.ivanko.com
ivanko.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:49 PM   #155
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

I caught the show sunday on SpeedTv.
I saw the AF car with Igor ready to R&R.
Didnt see what he finished in but I saw them together.

That guy in the Red Viper really Pissed me off!
His front was spewing fiberglass all over the field, what an Idiot!

USE More tape FooL!

Good Luck at Long Beech Igor!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #156
GTRJack
AF Newbie

Hello everyone, let me introduce my self first. My name is Jack and I'm 28 years old. I used to owe a R32 Skyline GTR when I studied in Bangkok for 2 years. Now I'm back home to Norway with no Skyline I had to sell the car before I moved back. I've been looking for one in Norway as well but the car is still too expensive coz of our high taxation and insurance rate + aftermarket parts would be too hard to come by.

Anyway let me introduse you to my first topic. I've been following the Skyline a little bit at the World Challange. The Skyline seems to be running not so well with technical issue after another but I'm still excited and hope for the best. Now what I do not accept is wannabes making fun of the car without really know what's happening. I don't mean to bother much but if you guys here can sign up in the forum and tell those hillbillies what is really going on with the Skyline at the World Challange.

Here the LINK: http://www.racingflix.com/forum/foru...?TID=3657&PN=1

Cheers everyone,

- Jack -
GTRJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #157
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Look Jack, they're hardly "making fun" of the Skyline. The fact of the matter is that Igor didn't appear at Sears Point, and didn't make it on track for the race at Mid-Ohio after turning qualifying laps that would've put him caboose on the Touring Car field.

From the SCCA's scoring and timing charts, we can see that Igor's fastest lap in practice for Mid-Ohio was a full 19 seconds quicker than his qualifying time. That indicates a CATASTROPHIC failure in the car, probably engine or driveline.

It's also obviously a difficult and expensive to repair problem as Sears Point is damn near a home race for the GTR. The AF Gang was nowhere on the entry list.

I'm afraid that the AutomotiveForums.com Skyline GTR came, saw, and was conquered by the World Challenge's Vipers, Vettes, and Porsches. I do hope that Igor and the gang will be back on track, and that 'Ol Godzilla will have his day in the sun with a run in the top ten.

But realistically speaking, it's probably all optimism at this point. It's too far to climb from too low a perch.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #158
GTRJack
AF Newbie

Yes exactly Layla's Keeper,

I'm not that much into details and I didn't know how to put it to words. I'd love to watch this race but impossible since I'm from Europe. If you don't mind I'd like to add some of your words to the comment to give it a whole better understanding, thanks
GTRJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:38 PM   #159
tyndago
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tyndago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
From the SCCA's scoring and timing charts, we can see that Igor's fastest lap in practice for Mid-Ohio was a full 19 seconds quicker than his qualifying time. That indicates a CATASTROPHIC failure in the car, probably engine or driveline.
It's also obviously a difficult and expensive to repair problem as Sears Point is damn near a home race for the GTR. The AF Gang was nowhere on the entry list.
I'm afraid that the AutomotiveForums.com Skyline GTR came, saw, and was conquered by the World Challenge's Vipers, Vettes, and Porsches. I do hope that Igor and the gang will be back on track, and that 'Ol Godzilla will have his day in the sun with a run in the top ten.

We aren't done yet. Just taking a little unplanned time off.

Mid-Ohio all went bad. From getting the truck stuck in the mud a couple of times, to working out our new engine combination. Getting everything to work out was a little bit of a struggle.

We were 5th fastest in the rain though. Check out the practice session results. Everyone was going pretty easy though.

The mud and muck of Mid-Ohio was terrible. It made it nearly impossible to work on the car. Not a place I ever want to go back to if they put us(World Challenge teams) out in the grass again.

We had a new turbo/engine management combintation for Infineon. We had also been working on the setup of the car and picked up a ton of time testing at Willow Springs.

We went up to Infineon two weeks before the race for testing. We had an off track experience, that put us out for a little bit.

Down, but not out.
http://www.gtrusablog.com
tyndago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:12 PM   #160
BNR34VSpec
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to BNR34VSpec

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyndago
We aren't done yet. Just taking a little unplanned time off.

Mid-Ohio all went bad. From getting the truck stuck in the mud a couple of times, to working out our new engine combination. Getting everything to work out was a little bit of a struggle.

We were 5th fastest in the rain though. Check out the practice session results. Everyone was going pretty easy though.

The mud and muck of Mid-Ohio was terrible. It made it nearly impossible to work on the car. Not a place I ever want to go back to if they put us(World Challenge teams) out in the grass again.

We had a new turbo/engine management combintation for Infineon. We had also been working on the setup of the car and picked up a ton of time testing at Willow Springs.

We went up to Infineon two weeks before the race for testing. We had an off track experience, that put us out for a little bit.

Down, but not out.
Sounds to me like you guys need a back up car....
Old 07-31-2006, 10:08 PM   #161
mike@af
Captain Over Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af

Dont you have another Super Taikyu R34 to use as a back up?

mike.lawrence@automotiveforums.com | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
mike@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:30 AM   #162
BNR34VSpec
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to BNR34VSpec

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmike400
Dont you have another Super Taikyu R34 to use as a back up?
All my R34 needs to be competitive in the Super Taikyu class is weight reduction and a roll cage. I offered my R34 to the AF team, but I haven't got an affirmative response yet.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #163
mike@af
Captain Over Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34VSpec
All my R34 needs to be competitive in the Super Taikyu class is weight reduction and a roll cage. I offered my R34 to the AF team, but I haven't got an affirmative response yet.
I was talking to Sean, sorry. I thought Igor purschased a second Super Taikyu R34 for a second driver? So couldnt he use that car as his backup car to continue the rest of the season? Whether or not they are going for points, it would probably be a worth while idea just to get experience at the tracks competing against the other cars in the series.

mike.lawrence@automotiveforums.com | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
mike@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #164
PmDaWg
AF Newbie

Will you guys be coming up to MoSport for this weekend coming up?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #165
noshun
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PmDaWg
Will you guys be coming up to MoSport for this weekend coming up?
X2

good Question.

'Never forget Grasshopper, Not speed, smile!'
noshun is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > AF News