Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > AF News
AF News Find out what's happening here at AutomotiveForums.com
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 02:32 AM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Nissan unveils the next-generation GT-R prototype

Nissan GT-R Proto - next generation Nissan Skyline GT-R concept

This is the prototype of the next generation Nissan Skyline GT-R which was unveiled at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show. The next Godzilla will sport a Twin-Turbo VQ 6 cylinder engine paired with the state-of-the-art all wheel drive system. The car will be sold globally either in 2007 or 2008, with the latter being more likely.

For more photographs, please visit AutomotiveArticles.com's Nissan Skyline GT-R Concept Gallery:
Old 10-19-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
Zachp911
AF Enthusiast

Not bad, the taillights kinda look like a chevy cobalt though. I wonder how much hp that things gonna have.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
04BlackVitz
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to 04BlackVitz
The design is pretty neat, very futuristic looking. A twin turbo VQ would probably put out some nice power. Probably 400-500 to compete with the American sports cars.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
MexRocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Nissan unveils the next-generation GT-R prototype

meh i think under the headlights, the black empty area seems weird... and i agree with the taillights..... but im sure v6 awd twin turbo would make me like it though
Being bought in two weeks: Dsmlink,880's,3"exhaust,piping,suspension,axel,dri lled and slotted brakes.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

hmmm, not really my style, i like the rear. Thats the only thing that looks similar to the old skylines. Does look intimadating though. Does anyone know the price range it will be starting at?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:59 AM   #6
dltomaj
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Nissan unveils the next-generation GT-R prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMazar
hmmm, not really my style, i like the rear. Thats the only thing that looks similar to the old skylines. Does look intimadating though. Does anyone know the price range it will be starting at?
At one time Ghosen said the price would be something like twice the 350Z. Most guesses these days are $70,000+ range. Trying to make it cheaper than a porsche carrera.

Last edited by dltomaj; 10-20-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:21 PM   #7
LanXer
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to LanXer
Re: Re: Re: Nissan unveils the next-generation GT-R prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by dltomaj
At one time Goshen said the price would be something like twice the 350Z. Most guesses these days are $70,000+ range. Trying to make it cheaper than a porsche carrera.
I wish, this is probably gonna go over the $100,000 mark. There's no reason for this to cost lest than how much the NSX used to cost. And it's a shame that they are using the VQ35DETT engine. Nissan is killing the RB series engine! The new design isn't that different from the concept that was released several years back. They just relased photos to see what the public would think, too many people complained that they had to change it. i kinda like it, it'll start to grow on me if i don't. Only complaint, the engine. It's the same engine that has been put in the Maxima since 96 (or around that area) only with a bigger displacement and twin turbo. Hopefully they wont drop the Super Hicas and The Atessa-ETS system on it.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:08 PM   #8
dltomaj
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nissan unveils the next-generation GT-R prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanXer
I wish, this is probably gonna go over the $100,000 mark. There's no reason for this to cost lest than how much the NSX used to cost. And it's a shame that they are using the VQ35DETT engine. Nissan is killing the RB series engine! The new design isn't that different from the concept that was released several years back. They just relased photos to see what the public would think, too many people complained that they had to change it. i kinda like it, it'll start to grow on me if i don't. Only complaint, the engine. It's the same engine that has been put in the Maxima since 96 (or around that area) only with a bigger displacement and twin turbo. Hopefully they wont drop the Super Hicas and The Atessa-ETS system on it.
Nissan has targeted the porsche carrera as its rival for the GT-R. I think if they want to compete then they are going to have to keep the price under the carrera's. I know that the GT-R is well -known to the tuner crowd, but many of the people that will buy the GT-R will be the OF( old fart) crowd and they will not know the background on the GT-R. They will be concerned about price and prestige, and to get them interested I think Nissan will need to be aggressive on price.

Besides would Carlos Ghosen lie to us?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:16 AM   #9
nismo_power
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludespeed501
Not bad, the taillights kinda look like a chevy cobalt though. I wonder how much hp that things gonna have.

skyline has had the stove top style taillights for over 30 years.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:06 AM   #10
Tycar
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tycar Send a message via MSN to Tycar
is anyone else annoyed that it looks so much like the 350Z? i mean dont get me wrong, i like the Z, but its not aggressive enough to base a GT-R off of. i mean, i like how they made it look, but i think they should just put the 350Z in that body. they should make it a bit sleeker and meaner than the 350 body can be. it seems too oversized and bloated. I dont like the way nissan has been moving lately in their designs. seems like everything is bulbous and too spaceous like some of the old ford cars like the galaxies and such, i mean i know a ttV6 is going to take up some room, but i'm also sure they could make the car smaller and more agressive than it is. although, i like the idea of the engine, i still think they could have done better by creating a new one like how they started fresh with the RB series and such. my first question when it comes out isnt going to be how much it costs or how i can get one, but how i can turn any normal VQ35DE into a DETT, and how simple or expensive that would be. I'd rather buy a cheap VQ35DE and put a little elbow grease to turn it into a monster than shell out more to have it done for me.... but thats just me. it still excites me to know they are starting the GT-R again
Old 10-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #11
AF Newbie

Well, it looks alot better than the old prototype but I still feel that the older GT-Rs were classier. Maybe my opinion will change when it grows on me.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #12
idrift
AF Newbie

i've been to japan

i was in japan summer of 2005 and bought a few car magazines.
the new skylines are ALL rear wheel driven, even the gt-r. the g35 infiniti is the new skyline minus what the epa does. the VQ35DE is the engine in the new fairlady z and the skyline. the VQ35DETT is in the 2007 (Supposed) Gt-r, and is obviously twin turbo, supposed to make around 450hp. the main difference between the fairlady z and the skyline is luxury now. the skyline has a backseat, the z does not. which means the z weighs less. which means a new fairlady z with a VQ35DETT would smoke the new GT-R. i think. THEY ARE BOTH RWD! AND GODDAMMIT WHERE IS THE JAPANESE STRAIGHT 6 THESE DAYS! DAMN YOU EPA! DAMN YOU!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #13
AF Newbie

How would the people fit in the back of that GT-R? lol

If the things you say are true/very close to the truth then I don't know what to think of this new "GT-R".

We just have to wait and see, I suppose.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:14 AM   #14
Carolina Z
AF Newbie

Sweet, this is one great looking car, I could care less about people being in the back seat, front is a great looking design. Another winner for Nissan if it goes into production.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:47 PM   #15
weaponCIVIC
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludespeed501
what are you on. the chevy cobalt copied the GTR. uhhh..cobalt...(insert puking smilie)

"Look as far as the eye can see, go there, then look farther."

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > AF News