Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
blkmonday
AF Regular

spider injector replacement problem

just did a spider injector replacement in my 2000 4.3. before I had the misfire cylinder 4 code and a very rough intermitant idle. new plugs, wires, cap. changed the spider this afternoon and had a little problem getting #6 to lock in. then it seemed like it locked in place and was ok. closed it all up and fired it up and low and behold rand rough still and now no misfire #4 code but a misfire #6.....I haven't pulled the number 6 plug and wire yet but will do that tonight. dumb question but its probably the #6 poppet not seated correctly? how can I pull the new style poppet without damaging it and why wont it seat correctly? ugh cant believe im going to have to pull the manifold cover back off...ugh ugh ugh
blkmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
blkmonday
AF Regular

Re: spider injector replacement problem

update...went back at it. decided to clear the codes and run it for a bit and see if the codes would kick again. ran fine..in fact it ran great. no codes. im thinking 1 of 3 things happened. 1..while struggling a bit with #6 I scraped off some gunk into the fuel injection line and possibly clogged it a bit but after running for a little bit it passed through the line, 2 took time for the computer to clear up and not make the cylinder lean or 3 (and this is what I hope it was) little elves came and fixed it for me. Either way I took it for a nice longish ride and it ran like new. feels like I have much more power than ever now. gave it a quick oil change and a wash while I was out there. taking it to work tomorrow to see if it continues to be a success
blkmonday is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer