Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:34 AM   #1
rod0921
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to rod0921 Send a message via MSN to rod0921 Send a message via Yahoo to rod0921
01 malibu wont start after starting without problem an hour before

pulled malibu out of garage into driveway, turned off....came back to drive out to the grocery store an hour later, ignition keeps going and engine doesnt start, when i let off of the ignition key it like coughs or sounds like its releasing alot of air(wosshhhhhh)....try to start again, click nothing else...again, click........all i get is the click, lights turn on or off randomly when door is opened, gauge needles jump up and down, batteries fully charged, HELP!!!!
rod0921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:33 PM   #2
Streetstock11
AF Newbie

Re: 01 malibu wont start after starting without problem an hour before

It is probably your theft system..i have had this problem with mine....what you need to do is put your key in the ignition and turn it to the "on" position..you will probably notice your theft system light flashing on the left side of your dash...keep your key on the on position for 10 minutes, and the theft system light will stop flashing..turn the key off and then your car will start!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
roseh
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to roseh Send a message via Yahoo to roseh
Thumbs down

After a frustrating morning of my Malibu not starting again- I am happy to have found this website, hopefully I can resolve some issues.
My 2001 Malibu is terrible and I am going to get rid of it the first chance I get and never buy another. You name it wheel sensors, an ABS light that's on, and when it's not on the Antitheft light is on, a squeaky front right end, warping rotors, moisture in the side lamps.

My car is sitting in the driveway with the key in the ignition as I write this. And my disappointed children who missed a favourite sport this morning are finding something to do.

I cannot get over the popups for GM on this site, advertising their cars in a forum that points out what junk their vehichles are. How much do they pay these people for having no brain?
roseh is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu