Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Car Magazine
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 05:29 PM   #16
R/T
AF Newbie

I love CAR. I live in the U.S., too, and I have to go to the Newstand to find it. Suprizingly, it sells out quite fast else where. I try to read the articles, but all this U.K. humor and words are hard to understand. I picked up an issue recently, and had something on the Enzo:

"The boot is small, and can really only carry a box of fags..."

I seriously when crazy on that one. FAGS?!? Someone told me later it meant cigarettes, and I felt releaved. Then I realized how small of a trunck space that is, and went crazy again.

NATHAN - Mopar man and lazy bastard.
R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:21 AM   #17
jinushaun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jinushaun
Re: Which car magazine is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T
I love CAR. I live in the U.S., too, and I have to go to the Newstand to find it. Suprizingly, it sells out quite fast else where. I try to read the articles, but all this U.K. humor and words are hard to understand. I picked up an issue recently, and had something on the Enzo:

I seriously when crazy on that one. FAGS?!? Someone told me later it meant cigarettes, and I felt releaved. Then I realized how small of a trunck space that is, and went crazy again.
Hahaha! Owned by British slang!

Yeah, they sell out fast. That and EVO.

Jinushaun: Nation Leprechaun
jinushaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 07:39 AM   #18
crayzayjay
CFA

EVO rules. It’s a lot more focused on performance cars than CAR, plus the photography and writing are streets ahead, imho
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #19
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
yeah, its from the UK. its the best car magazine if you like the european cars too. its 10.00 an issue (without subscription), so im glad it only comes out once a month. the only place around here (suburb of minneapolis), and thats barnes and noble. i think its the most in depth auto magazine out there. its probably my favorite auto magazine.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #20
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T

here is a lesson on english(UK)-english(US) translations:
boot=trunk
bonnet=hood
windscreen=windshield
tyre=tire
saloon=sedan
estate=wagon
4X4=suv (of course)
chips=fries
lift=elevator
fags=cigarettes

hopefully this course has improved your use of "the Queen's English". now you dont have to fear going to england and have the minor inconvieniance of using the wrong word.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf

Last edited by porscheguy9999; 01-31-2005 at 02:24 PM.
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #21
jonathanwang
AF Newbie

L want to get some information about car ,the issue is a very good way to get it . l like to see the picture on the magazine,they are really very beautiful
jonathanwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #22
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote