Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
bux
AF Newbie

what are the general maintenance costs that go along w/muci?

my father is looking at a pearl orange one and i was curious what some of the costs are service wise?

-much appreciated (i used the search function)
bux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:59 AM   #2
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
General rule of thumb. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
bux
AF Newbie

Re: what are the general maintenance costs that go along w/muci?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasF355F1
General rule of thumb. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
so i guess thats why you drive an f355? and only have a lambo in your signature.
bux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: what are the general maintenance costs that go along w/muci?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bux
so i guess thats why you drive an f355? and only have a lambo in your signature.
Never said I drove a F355. It's just my favorite Ferrari. Just like the majority of people on AF they make a name after their favorite car or one they like. I like all exotics. I'm a college student with dreams and aspirations of owning a few exotics in my lifetime.

I wasn't being an ass. I was just stating a generalized phrase that most owners of high end cars use. If I were to guess, yearly maintenance could run in to the 10's of thousands. Just really depends on the car. Some people get lucky and have very few problems and others have lemons that cost tons of money.

If your dad is serious, tell him to talk to the local Lambo dealer.

Just realized you're from Houston. There aren't any Lambo dealers around, but there are quite a few places that sale Lambos and the like. The one place I know of, that i visit occasionally to check out their selection is Marios Motors on Richmond. However, I've heard not to do business with him via info of numerous people on Ferrari Chat.

Here is a Houston based compnay I came across on Google

Don't know anything about them, but it's worth checking out.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
No-Murci
AF Newbie

I have a titanium 01 Diablo, but no murcielago (soon though, trust me) and its 10K for a clutch (approx) and quite a bit for an oil change. Oil change every 3500 miles, adds up quickly, I think a good estimate is probably 10,000 per year.
No-Murci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
aehaas
AF Newbie

If you can change your own fluids and do not burn up your clutch the maintenance is a filter and 12 qts of motor oil and a few qts, of gear oil.

aehaas
aehaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:45 AM   #7
V12Unleash
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Murci
I have a titanium 01 Diablo, but no murcielago (soon though, trust me) and its 10K for a clutch (approx) and quite a bit for an oil change. Oil change every 3500 miles, adds up quickly, I think a good estimate is probably 10,000 per year.
are you serious? 10K per year to maintain your diablo? gees....

well, murcielago is serviced every 12,000km interval, range from about $600 USD to $1800 USD for a usual service, unless if you do something seriously dramatic.

They are not as high maintaince as everyone thinks they are.
V12Unleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:13 AM   #8
Lamboholic
AF Regular

Maintaince may be affordable, but a supercar or anything else which is pushed to the extremes contains unexpected rises in cost ones in a while for shure. A v12 is very sufisticated and things do wear out. Also every bit in the driveline is very vonerable. Look at it this way a normal car puts out about a fifth of the power which a Murci produces. The maintance cost could easely be five times higher then a normal car, but usely isn't because these cars are almost non-used.

I'm just saying, the harder you abuse a car the faster it wears out and the higher the cost.
Lamboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:00 AM   #9
-Davo
Banned

Quote:

buy the oil, plus an oil filter, wham bam thank you ma'am do it your self! Prob solved.

Post pics of your car, I LOVE the 01 VT's, they're fuckin' AWESOME. I still dream about owning one. One day, I will be crusin wit you down the highway in my own one...yes...one day....
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:51 PM   #10
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamboholic
Maintaince may be affordable, but a supercar or anything else which is pushed to the extremes contains unexpected rises in cost ones in a while for shure. A v12 is very sufisticated and things do wear out. Also every bit in the driveline is very vonerable. Look at it this way a normal car puts out about a fifth of the power which a Murci produces. The maintance cost could easely be five times higher then a normal car, but usely isn't because these cars are almost non-used.

I'm just saying, the harder you abuse a car the faster it wears out and the higher the cost.
What are you talking about man?

These engines are HIGH performance. They are made for high speed, tough driving. That's why they use the best quality parts/matrials available. The cars that tend to have seemingly lots of problems tend to be the ones that are always driven soft and rarely driven. Contrary to popular belief they are very streetable for everday use. Countless people use their supercars as daily drivers and have very little problems provided the mileage required maintanence is done at every interval.

Quality Parts/Material = Costly maintanence.

i.e. - provided a person is smart and buys this car only when financially stable then cost is all relative to a person personal wealth.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #11
No-Murci
AF Newbie

always figure more.......I allot 10k per year, have you seen the price of those clutches? I haven't replaced it yet, as i've only had the car about 2 months, but I was quoted at 10k alone for the clutch. As for doing the oil myself, no way.......with these cars, all of that must be documented. Here is a pic I just took with the camera phone, just for you.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:31 AM   #12
-Davo
Banned

I envy you! Take care of that car!
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #13
V12Unleash
AF Regular

Quote:
always figure more.......I allot 10k per year, have you seen the price of those clutches? I haven't replaced it yet, as i've only had the car about 2 months, but I was quoted at 10k alone for the clutch. As for doing the oil myself, no way.......with these cars, all of that must be documented. Here is a pic I just took with the camera phone, just for you.
who quoted you 10k for the clutch 2000 6.0L? which lambo dealership rip people off like that! disgraceful!

if he quoted you 10k well, i'll sell if to you for 5k and i'll still make money, a complete diablo post 96 clutch is 3.5K max, and i'm talking AUD, i had one replaced for 2K AUD.

i'm suprised, really am!

appreciate the photo, but can't see much
Old 04-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #14
No-Murci
AF Newbie

The interior is the best part, yes I was quoted 10k for a clutch but i'll avoid telling which dealer. I personally haven't had the clutch replaced yet, so I am unsure, I know I allot 10k per year and as long as the savings account keeps growing, then thats fine by me!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #15
V12Unleash
AF Regular

Quote:
The interior is the best part, yes I was quoted 10k for a clutch but i'll avoid telling which dealer. I personally haven't had the clutch replaced yet, so I am unsure, I know I allot 10k per year and as long as the savings account keeps growing, then thats fine by me!
the 2001 inteior in my opinion is pretty shit-house, to be honest none of the lambo interior is mind blowing.

i love the 2001 exterior, it has the refinement of a modern supercar, yet still have that bulky styling.

so yeah, i'm sure the guys here would like few more photos of the exterior, of course, out of your kind and Indulgence.

but as far as the 10k clutch, i got 1 changed for 2k from lambo, but mate its your money, spend however you want.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)