Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
boodie
AF Regular

Blinking Air Bag Warning Light

2002 Xterra 4x4, the red air bag warning light started blinking for no apparent reason...

Dealer wants $35 just to hook it up and diagnose it...

What would this indicate??? That the module is defective??? Is there more than one module for the air bags and the pyrotechnic seatbelt retractors???

If so, where are they???

I am partially deaf (noise exposure = Air Force flying squadron) and would like to disconnect my airbags (as well as fix or replace whatever is causing the warning light to blink)...The cheap manual I have says to disconnect the electrical connectors to the driver & pass air bags, but doesn't say where the connectors are or what color they are...

I appreciate any help! I already found the thread on how to reset the warning light, but how do I check to see what's causing it to flash???

Thank You!!!
boodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
FishFind
One Hot Shot

Re: Blinking Air Bag Warning Light

Not sure about your truck but on my chevy's the plugs are always connected with a yellow plastic connector.
FishFind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
boodie
AF Regular

Re: Blinking Air Bag Warning Light

Well, I tried the '5 DDS pushes in 7 seconds' trick to reset the warning light; no luck.

My local garage has a diagnostic machine; I may see what they charge...

(BTW, I was wrong on the dealer price to hook up to their machine - it's $65...)

I had a drivers side seat belt replaced a few years back - I was told that seatbelts are warrantied for the life of the car...

Does any one know if airbag modules/sensors have the same lifetime warranty???
boodie is offline   Reply With Quote