Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
gw84
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to gw84
bumper interchange

I was at the junkyard looking around at all the GM models and noticed that the rear bumpers seemed to look the same, but then noticed that the top (black rubber/plastic) appeared different. On the Tahoe, for instance, it seemed to be deeper, that is it had more surface area on the top of the bumper than my silverado. I didn't have them side by side for comparison, but it seems as though it's just the top black piece that's different, while the actual bumper itself (the metal!) is the same. can anyone confirm or deny this?

Mine is a '99 silverado FWIW. The vehicles I was looking at were up to maybe '04 or '05.

tl:dr: will a tahoe/avalanche bumper fit my silverado?

This ain't your grandma's car!!
gw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:33 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: bumper interchange

my 2000 silverado I replaced the rear bumper. it was rusted a bit and was hit by a big truck that pushed it in slightly on the pass side.. I got a replacement on amazon for $200.. bumper quality was good , good finish. came with everything. I did not use the bolts however because of the low quality used the OEM bolts. also had the re-enforcement bar. rust proofed it completely on the back side. The hardest part was removal of the spare tire door hole and moving it to the new bumper .. It is easy to look all this up .
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
gw84
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to gw84
Re: bumper interchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
The hardest part was removal of the spare tire door hole and moving it to the new bumper .. It is easy to look all this up .
if i swap mine with one from a junkyard, I shouldn't have to worry about swapping that door hole. I saw a few that had a key hole behind that door, I guess so nobody can steal your spare!

Anyway, I wasn't worried about installing another bumper, just checking on compatibility of other bumpers with my silverado. (ie tahoe, yukon, avalanche from similar years). To the naked eye one might say that they won't work based on the appearance of the top part (where you might step), but I'm not sure.

This ain't your grandma's car!!
gw84 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado