Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Mégane
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 06:08 AM   #1
NaAZoOR
AF Newbie

Megane 2 DP0 AL4 automatic transmission issue

i have the DP0 AL4 automatic transmission 2009 patch (Megane 2) and i faced overheating issue. the technician pulled out 2 L from the gearbox. but there's a recommendation to replace the DEXRON III based oil (Mobil ATF 320) with LT71141 based oil as Mannol AG52 or Mobil ATF LT71141 as this oil doesn't get hot as the Dexron III so it avoids the overheating issue. I read about some piece in this early patch of DP0 getting affected by the high temperature of the DEXRON III based oil so they use LT71141 based oil to extend its life span as the oil doesn't reach high degrees of temperature. I'm worry because these are totally two different types and specs, so it can cause a huge mechanical problem to the gearbox if i used LT71141 oil. My question is: What should i do? replace the DEXRON III oil with LT71141 oil? or there's something more appropriate to to?
NaAZoOR is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Mégane